SunDevilaz's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 7:00 AM

Closed

@comcast.net not recognized as a VALID EMAIL on other website

I have had this problem contiually - to the point, I have PAID for another email address to  get around this issue (which I should not have had to do, being as I am paying already for the comcast.net address). This is VERY frustrating!
The ISSUE IS:
Whenever I go to website, to create an account, sign up for an event, etc. where one is required to enter their email address, when I enter my comcast.net address, I get the RED exclamation point next to the email address box and an error stating: "enter a valid email address". And YES - I have entered my email address CORRECTLY (multiple times). I have had other friends with comcast.net addresses complain of the same problem. What is the ANSWER to this??

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

If your Comcast email account functions OK otherwise, there is nothing wrong with the account.  That means the issue is at the other website.  I have used my Comcast address to sign up for quite a few things and have never encountered the problem you describe.  That being said, just use some other address from a free email provider like Gmail, Mail.com, Outlook.com or others.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Using a different email is great unless the website sends emails to me with the comcast email, and I’ve already set up the account with the comcast email.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @SusanP1, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. I myself have used the same personal email address for years and completely understand how important it is to receive emails on your preferred email.

Do you have our My Account application installed? By signing into the My Account application and clicking on your name listed under "Account Information" our application will bring you to the "Account Information" page. Here, there is the option to add your personal email and set it as your preferred email. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here