paulwyz's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2024 7:37 PM

comcast.net email

in the 1980/1990's when i got my first internet access from comcast i set up comcast.net email accounts for me my wife and 2 kids.  I have deleted my kids accounts maybe 20 years ago, but my wife's account and my account are still active.  We are divorced now but she was still using her comcast.net up until a few days ago.  she cannot authenticate with the mail servers, so the prompt is asking her to reset her password.  Unfortunately, the phone number for security code has been disconnected so she can't continue.  she called support and was online for an hour before they dropped the call. i used to be able to access all the email accounts that were originally built by me in the 80/90's.  but that web interface is no longer available.  i thought i would try here before i call support again. the problem is she does not have any comcast/xfinity services now so they say they have no record of her, but she has been sending and receiving mail up until a few days ago.   thanks for helping

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

2 months ago

@paulwyz 

in the 1980/1990's when i got my first internet access from comcast i set up comcast.net email accounts for me my wife and 2 kids.  I have deleted my kids accounts maybe 20 years ago, but my wife's account and my account are still active.  We are divorced now but she was still using her comcast.net up until a few days ago.  she cannot authenticate with the mail servers, so the prompt is asking her to reset her password.  Unfortunately, the phone number for security code has been disconnected so she can't continue.  she called support and was online for an hour before they dropped the call. i used to be able to access all the email accounts that were originally built by me in the 80/90's.  but that web interface is no longer available.  i thought i would try here before i call support again. the problem is she does not have any comcast/xfinity services now so they say they have no record of her, but she has been sending and receiving mail up until a few days ago.   thanks for helping

Call Customer Security Assurance.  I cannot guarantee they will be able to restore her account, but it's worth a try.  And FWIW, you need to be logging into the website every 90 days to keep the accounts active.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

thankyou.  Calling them now

Official Employee

• 

519 Messages

2 months ago

@paulwyz Thanks for posting and letting us know. Email access is vital, and keeping the access or updating the contact info is even more important to keep that access. If the email or phone added to the profile for additional contact is changed or lost, it needs to be updated on this type of profile immediately. That helps in case access needs to be verified again in the future, or in case the password is forgotten. It's what keeps the account and all the information inside of it safe. Support won't have them listed as grandfathered secondary account. As the owner of the account, you do have access to reset their password though, and I found the steps for you here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-secondary-password. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

tried that and no other users are listed. i do remember years ago i could see all the secondary accounts.  is the account gone or can tech support retrieve it?

Official Employee

• 

519 Messages

@paulwyz Ah, that means it's truly a grandfathered profile. If you don't have the option to manage it anymore, only the user has the direct access to update the information. Securely of course. In this case, the suggestion to contact security is the only resource. Have her do so, as they'll ask direct information regarding her history and personal info matching the profile. Take a moment now and ensure any users you manage have updated contact info, to ensure they can always manage their accounts online. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have been having issues with retrieving email as has my husband. We have both received emails asking us to reset account passwords. I have done so but still no emails since yesterday. He received an email and thought it was spam and deleted the email. Do we just need to drop

lir Comcast email? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here