dfangel's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 12th, 2024 6:46 PM

Comcast.net email is going away!

I was told by an XFinity employee that the Comcast.net email is going to go away and I need to find a new email provider. Is this a true statement from the employee???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 month ago

... Comcast.net email is going to go away ... Is this a true statement from the employee???

Maybe. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information says:

... Beginning June 3, 2024, customers will not be able to create new Xfinity Email (comcast.net) accounts.

If you have an existing Xfinity Email account, you can continue to access and use your existing Xfinity Email account ...

No idea how long it will be between "no new email addresses" and "no email addresses".

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

1 month ago

@BruceW @dfangel 

Since new Comcast internet customers now cannot have a Comcast email account, and existing customers can no longer create new secondary accounts, it means the total number of people using the email will keep dwindling due to normal attrition.  Since the given reason for the new policy is "too few customers are using it"-------it does not bode well for the long run.

Just sayin  🤨

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I was never given a  reason why it was going away. Where is the notification from XFinity that this is going to happen?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 month ago

...  Where is the notification from XFinity that this is going to happen?

They never gave us one. They just posted the "account-email-information" article and pulled the plug. Unusually low, even for Comcast. Usually when they take something away they give us advance notice. Not this time. And IMHO this was a MAJOR change.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for reaching out the change doesn't affect current e-mail accounts it only affects the ability for customers to create new Xfinity e-mail accounts, For more information please go to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information

Or https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/beginning-june-3-2024-customers-will-not-be-able-to-create-new-xfinity-email-comcastnet-accounts/666653961e56d61567fa1f02

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

1 month ago

@XfinityOrlandoM 

Suggestion------------Pin a post about this subject with links to the top of the email forum.  Right now there is nothing up there about it, and we will keep getting questions like this since there was no

advance notice about it.  At least with the pinned post readers will have a chance to see it before posting.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here