Anon408477's profile

Not applicable

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 9:18 PM

Closed

Comcast times out trying to open login email

I deleted many temp files etc then after having this problem several times today led me to call Xfinity/Comcast only to get the auto system. So,  I elected for the auto system to reset my modem.  A few minutes after, I  then shutdown my windows 10 laptop. After waiting 15-20 minutes it opened up again and I was able to get in to access my email.  A careful watch to send key files to your cloud, as this may occur again.  Comcast is likely trained to NOT tell its users what is causing these disruptions.  Best to all.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

@Anon408477 Hi, thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well, besides the recent hiccups with your email. I see you've had instances where everything times out as you log in, and you were able to mitigate the issue by resetting your device. I can understand that having to troubleshoot to access your email would be frustrating. Are you running into this error using a third-party application like Outlook or Apple mail? If you access your email directly via our website, do you see the same troubles? 

Not applicable

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

I have experienced that problem previously, but it would somehow resolve itself.  The last time it I had to go through the steps I mentioned.  I was attempting to get to Comcast mail and do not use Outlook or Apple.  I use Windows 10.  Sorry for the delayed response.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @Anon408477 thank you for taking the time out of your day to follow up, a great thing about Xfinity Forums is you can follow up at your convenience. 

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like your accessing your email through the website and not a 3rd party client. 

I did find this older Xfinity Forums thread that talks about the Local Area Connection MTU value being off can cause the timeouts: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/connection-has-timed-out/60334b62c5375f08cd6d678a

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here