U

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 12:05 PM

Comcast not available on iPad, iphone

I cannot send or receive Comcast email on my iPhone or iPad. I updated my primary email password (no longer a Comcast user as not available in location moved to 5 years ago). My secondary email, which is what I use still does not work. Other secondary email does work. 

cleared cache. Tried inputting password on both iPad and iPhone. Deleted account on iPhone. When tried to add Comcast email, said Comcast was not responding   

when I check email, error message is either password needs to be entere OR cannot get email, Comcast is not available. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Good morning, @user_zpr9sm. I appreciate you making us aware about your Comcast not email not working with your Apple devices. I am more than happy to help figure out a solution to this problem you're experiencing.

Are you having any issues logging into your Comcast email on our website? Have you tried using a different device to access your email?

1 Message

No problems on my Samsung phone or going directly thru the website

1 Message

4 months ago

Comcast must be experiencing issues again; As of late 05/30 or early 05/31, I have not been able to access my Comcast email by using the Email icon on any of my Apple products.  I can, however, access my Comcast email if I go to the Comcast website via Safari.

(This isn’t the first time a Comcast coding change has introduced this issue for Apple products.)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_dgi3jf. I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email service. If you are still having that problem, send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am having the same problem , since 5/31- can only access my email from the xfinity website, not even on their app.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out @user_3t0ibb I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Anyone get this fixed? I’m having it now

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @Kim03, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we appreciate it and hope you are otherwise having a wonderful week! I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with your email and assure you that our team is here to help! To confirm, are you also unable to send or receive emails? Are you accessing your email through the XFINITY website or a third party client server such as Outlook? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Help!  also having issue.  Believe my email was hacked as I received a message meant to look like it concerned comcast.  However, it appeared to have been sent from my email address to my email address.  I changed my password on my desktop without issue.  When changing password on both Iphone and ipad upon changing password I get a response "comcast email not available"  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here