idbill's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2024 3:18 PM

Comcast mail servers responding with: RL000001

Logged response:

Throttled - try again later. Please see https://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#RL000001

-- Note that the above link doesn't work.

After some searching I found some info indicating there is a facility to block email if too much is sent.

So.... 1 message every few days is too much?

SendScore rates my server at '91'

Server has been up and running on its IP since... 2010... at a well-known hosting provider.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 months ago

@idbill Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! Just to clarify, is this happening with a third party email client or are you using our Xfinity website to access and use your email?

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Umm... this isn't a mail client, but an email server. 

A few years ago, I had to disable IPV6 when sending to Comcast, because all mail sent via IPV6 is refused.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

idbill I would suggest reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team so they can check your domain status. The team can be reached at 888-565-4329, 8:00am - 12:00am EST.  

For reference:

RL000001 

Comcast has instituted rate limiting on all inbound email traffic. This step was taken to protect our customers and our email system from unwanted spam and malicious attacks. Any systems affected by this rate limit will receive a 4xx message (temp-fail) during the SMTP transaction. This message is designed to instruct the sending server to try again at a later time to deliver its email.

Our rate limiting policy is based on sender reputation, provided by SenderScore, as well as authentication of the sending server, regardless of the number of domains from that server.

Troubleshoot Comcast email error codes and messages

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 month ago

Latest work around isn't working.... calling the number provided.

FYI, can't log in to the forum with Safari, message is:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://login.xfinity.com/login" on this server.

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.533dd17.1724941911.2148fe75

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 month ago

ugh.... they keep asking me 'what device are you using to send email; phone, tablet or laptop?'

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Got a call back. One can under no circumstances actually talk to the upper level techs. I'm on hold as the tech relays information to the front line support person, who then tells me what they said, and then I tell them more info.. and they relay to the upper level tech. It's like trying to give driving instructions to my mother but a 5 year old is on the phone.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here