Cubdukat's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, August 20th, 2021 3:32 AM

Closed

"Comcast is not available" error in iOS email app

I started getting this error about three or four days ago on my iPhone 12 Max. It stubbornly refuses to sync or download email. For some reason this problem is restricted to the 12 Max; I also have Comcast email set up through the iOS app on my iPad Air 3, and that is able to sync. I have deleted and reentered the account, but it can't even connect to the server to verify the information; it just says "Comcast is not available." 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @Cubdukat, thank you for reaching out to us on our Community Forums. I personally love referring to this link https://comca.st/2W9Fofw when setting up our email on Apple devices. Do you still have this issue when following the steps in this link?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityAldrik  I did indeed, but it wouldn't even connect to the mail server to verify the password or anything else. It just gave the error message in the post title. I eventually had to save the account as it was, even though iOS told me it may not be able to grab mail. 

Interestingly enough, it works some of the time now, but it's still inconsistent. I may end up resetting the phone in case it's because of a bad upgrade, because there are also problems in other apps as well as some complaints to Apple about connectivity with the latest iOS version. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@Cubdukat I am glad it is working some of the time now. Since it is working on the ipad, it sounds like it could be an issue with your phone, especially if you are having issues with other apps as well. Did the issues start after the most recent iOS update? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityAbbie They did, but the update had been onboard without problems for a full week before it started happening. If this was an iOS issue, it would have happened immediately. I just did a reset on the entire phone and it's still happening. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for giving that a try @Cubdukat! I rely on my Email every day so I'd be frustrated if I couldn't access it! On your phone if you sign into your account here, are you able to access and view your Emails? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

After years of problem-free use, today my Comcast email stopped working on my iphone 7plus; I stopped receiving any emails.  I can view new emails on the internet on my desktop, but not on my phone.  So, I deleted the mail account from my phone, and then tried to add the mail account back onto my phone, but it will not work.  I keep getting the message "Comcast is currently unavailable".  Help!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m Also am Having this problem on iPad (which recently updated to iOS 15.3.1)

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hey there, @user_d85b2d, thank you for letting us know. I am sorry to read you are experiencing issues with your email. I know how important it is to have access. We have provided some steps above to try, but can you tell me what steps you have tried to get this resolved so far? I personally suggest starting with rolling back to the previous iOS version, and seeing if that changes anything. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have this same issue.  I recently moved to Comcast, and still have my old carrier email.  No issue there.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good morning and happy Saturday @user_bda513. We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the email concerns. Are you also experiencing this specifically on your iPhone? Are you able to access your email through the website?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same problem

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know, @user_6e6272. I know how upsetting it is to be cut off from your email, for any reason. The last time this happened to me, everything had to stop until I got access back because I use it for work. We're here to help. Above, there are a few suggested fixes to work around this issue. Would you be willing to try them out and let us know if they help?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

I used the Apple browser that came with my IOS tablet.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi, just like others in this thread, I have experienced the exact same issue.  I am able intermittently retrieve emails on my iPhone 12max which is intermittently helpful but less than satisfactory.  I have tried all of the step suggested above to no long term solution.  I can successfully load emails on any browser on any Windows or iOS device with the exception of my iPhone.  Are there any other solutions other than scrapping Comcast?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_6ed993​  I've found nothing so far.. I asked a rep and linked them to this thread and their only suggestion (other than emailing articles that didn't help or even apply) was to delete the mail app and start over... I did that and it didn't work.  So frustrated

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_6ed993. Thank you for visiting the Xfinity Forums to look for a solution to the intermittent email on your iPhone 12 max. My phone is vital for me and goes everywhere I do. I know it's important to receive those emails. Had any of the community provided steps helped? Are the emails coming in on other iOS devices and can you double check those versus the latest updates for your phone? 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

I have a Samsung Android as well as two iPads.   

1. Use the phone's email browser.  

2. Make sure you are on the connect site for Xfinity. 

3. I use Outlook to house email.  

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

https://xfinityconnect.email.comcast.net/

is where they tell you to connect.  I had trouble getting in email.  It may be designed for laptops.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Reboot your router.  Reboot your iPhone.  I know they have an icon that tells you the speed you are getting.  We had to get 1200mps to carry all our devices.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here