bplague's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 8:56 AM

Comcast imap email setup

It looks like my comcast account has been deleted. How do I set up a new email imap account? What are the current setting?

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

4 months ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

bplague Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your Xfinity email account seems to have been deleted. I understand how frustrating that can be, especially if you've lost access to important emails or contacts. Below are the steps to correct this issue. Setting up a new email account can be a straightforward process please review and let me know if you have any questions with this process.  Also, check out our Xfinity website for instructions on how to do this on a particular device 

To set up your new Comcast email account using IMAP, follow these steps:

1. Open your email client (e.g., Outlook, Thunderbird).
  2. Navigate to the option to add a new account.
  3. Enter your name, Comcast email address (e.g., username@comcast.net), and password.
  4. Choose IMAP as the account type.
  5. Configure the incoming mail server with:
    • Server Name: imap.comcast.net
    • Port: 993
    • Security: SSL/TLS
    • Username: Your Comcast email address
    • Password: Your Comcast email password
  6. Configure the outgoing mail server with:
    • Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
    • Port: 587
    • Security: STARTTLS or SSL/TLS
    • Authentication: Yes, require authentication
    • Username: Your Comcast email address
    • Password: Your Comcast email password
  7. Verify the settings and complete the setup process.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

No. It did not work for me with my Android phone.  I got a message that since I had two-step security, I would not be allowed to login.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

allyinfo I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your email on your Android phone through the Email Client. Let's try to get this sorted out together. In the meantime, are you able to log into your email by going directly to the Xfinity.com website? That can help us narrow down the issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

hello, currently im unable to get emails to my comcast email through outlook when i was previously able to. is this a known issue?

1 Message

Same, it's been going for a while for me now, I can't access comcast email on iPhone MSFT Outlook. None of the above works. It used to. 
What's the guidance? 

1 Message

@user_gb3e7z​  I have the same problem. Went into Xfinity account - checked their site's recommended steps  ... nothing they have works. Chat with their virtual assistant (waste of time) - it pointed me to a broken link where there's nothing there. 

5 Messages

1 month ago

I'm also suddenly having issues accessing my Comcast.net email via Microsoft Outlook. As far as I can tell I have all of the correct settings, and I'm definitely using the correct password as I can sign into my email via the xfinity site. I've also got the box checked on my account to allow third party apps.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_u70coi Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the email access through your third-party email client. What specific issues are you having when accessing the email via Outlook? Is it asking for a password? Are you unable to send or receive emails? Or are you missing emails? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

When I open Outlook it immediately pops up with a window asking for the password to access imap.comcast.net. I know that I'm entering the correct password, as it's the same that I use to sign into the xfinity web site. 

I have the IMAP server port set to 993. I've also seen screenshots showing port 995. Neither of those ports are working for me, though.

I have the SMTP port set to 465.

Both are set to use SSL/TLS

I have three active comcast.net email accounts and none of them are working in Outlook, but all allow me to log in via the web browser.

Official Employee

• 

599 Messages

@user_u70coi When was the last time you reset the Xfinity ID passwords associated with your Comcast email accounts? If you have not reset your Xfinity ID password since this login issue, I would advise you to do so and update the password in your Outlook client once it has confirmed the new password is active. 

(edited)

5 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ I don't need to reset my password(s). As I stated in my previous post, my passwords are working perfectly fine on the xfinity site to access my email.

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

Does the IMAP server port 993 have SSL ON?

The SMTP port should be 587. 

Also, have you confirmed within the Xfinity Email settings that the "Third Party Access Security" box is checked to allow access to your email through Outlook?

A lot of the settings should autoconfigure when your Xfinity Email is added in the traditional sense to Outlook. Have you tried removing the email from Outlook, then linking it back up through the Outlook set up?

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

23 days ago

Check your settings and try it with normall password, instead of encrypted. You can also specify that it do pop3, and leave messagers on server. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 days ago

I have the same issues as everyone else here with not being able to access my comcast email via Outlook on my iPhone 15 plus. Worked fine on previous iPhones. Passwords, ports have been checked hundreds of times. I am unable to add it as an imap account. All of my non-Comcast email accounts work fine. Please advise!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @quanyimun. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get your comcast email address on your iPhone 15 plus. Is this the first time you are trying to set up the email via your iPhone or was it working before on your iPhone 15?

1 Message

5 days ago

How do I find comcast IMAp password?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi user_6j5zmg, this Hyperlink can help with managing your 3rd party email access with Xfinity. Are you able to log into the Xfinity Connect site to access your emails?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here