U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 12:33 PM

Comcast email will not download on Iphone or IPad while connected to My parents WIFI in india, while gmail and icloud work fine

I am not able to download my Comcast email will not download on Iphone or IPad  while connected to My parents WIFI in India, while gmail and icloud work fine. I get Accout Error: Concast <username>. Details  and then when i click for details i get the error - 'Comcast <username> is currently unavailable.' super frustrating, I think I may need to move away from Comcast totally after cutting the cord from Cable.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

user_jagixq Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Xfinity email while connected to your parents' WiFi in India. It sounds incredibly frustrating, especially when other email services are working fine. Let's work together to resolve this issue and ensure your Comcast email is functioning smoothly. To start, I recommend checking a few things on your devices such as ensuring they are connected to the WiFi network securely, and also verifying your Comcast email settings to make sure they are correctly configured.

Additionally, could you please try logging into your account at Xfinity.com while connected to your parents' Wi-Fi and let me know how it goes? This information will help us diagnose and resolve the issue with your Comcast email.

2 Messages

Hello,I am able to log into the Xfinity.com using safari and log on. Now the Apple mail client gives me the same error when connected to my mobile data, because I use multiple Comcast email it is more challenging. I have checked the setting but not sure what I need to change, any guidance here will be helpful.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_jagixq I'm glad to hear that you were able to log into Xfinity.com using Safari. It's concerning that you're still encountering the error in the Apple Mail client when connected to your mobile data. Managing multiple Comcast email accounts can indeed be challenging.

Let's work through this together. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue with your Apple Mail client:

1. Check Email Settings: Ensure that the settings for each Comcast email account in the Apple Mail client are correct. Pay attention to incoming and outgoing server settings, as well as any authentication details.

2. Verify Connection: Confirm that your mobile data connection is stable and strong enough to support email syncing. Sometimes, a weak or unstable connection can cause syncing issues.

3. Update Software: Make sure that your iPhone and iPad have the latest software updates installed. Updates can often include fixes for known issues with email syncing.

4. Restart Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your iPhone and iPad can resolve temporary glitches that affect email syncing.

This link has several articles about Email Setup & Troubleshooting that are worth reviewing. 

If you continue to experience issues after checking these steps, please let me know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here