cranberrytoo's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, August 25th, 2024 9:32 PM

comcast email help

I have several XXX@comcast.net email addresses, one of which is used as my xfinity ID.

All my email is forwarded into Gmail, because I like the interface.

I want to Edit each of my other comcast email addresses' SMTP server from "mx1.mxge" to "smtp". (I have been having trouble with emails not being received, and was told to do this.) 

The form asks for a password for each of these other comcast email addresses and I don't have them. I was able to make the change to my xfinity ID email address because I know that password, but I am stuck on the others.

It seems like it's a "forgotten password" issue but I don't know how to get in there and reset it.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

23 days ago

Hello, @cranberrytoo. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, if you know the Xfinity ID's you can go through and follow the step by step instructions here to reset your password.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

How many times do I have to say this?

I am NOT looking to reset or otherwise deal with my xfinity password...it is fine.

The PROBLEM is with my additional comcast email addresses.

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

We cannot reset passwords on our end. If you would like to reset the passwords on your other email accounts, head over to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password for steps on how to do it. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

AGAIN...Xfinity ID comcast email address and password are working fine. Every article, etc. I read is about changing your xfinity ID password--this is NOT what I need to do.

I can receive emails sent to my extra comcast addresses, I just cannot Send. I am stuck on the screen (yellow, "Edit email address") for changing the SMTP to smtp on my extra comcast email addresses.

I DO NOT HAVE PASSWORDS FOR THESE EXTRA COMCAST EMAIL ADDRESSES so I cannot Save changes.

I have tried every password I have ever used. I suppose I have exhausted the number of tries I am allowed.

I just need to know where to go to get these passwords, or change them without knowing the current password.

I do not see these extra comcast email addresses anywhere on xfinity. I only see them in Gmail, where I choose which adress to send from.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@cranberrytoo

Every Xfinity e-mail has a password so if you don't remember the password or  what you're trying is not using you need to go through the link we provided above on how to reset your password.

If you didn't set up a 2 step authentication then what you'll need to do while logged into your home network is log into those Xfinity ID e-mail addresses while you're connected to your home network and then hit the forget password function,   it will recognize your connected to your home network &  it will go through some security authentication to help you reset the password

once you do that then you can sync that password to your third party e-mail

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@cranberrytoo

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-your-comcast-id-or-user-name Has great information on finding your Xfinity ID

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

23 days ago

How do I get to these extra comcast email addresses? I can't find them on my xfinity account. The only place I see them is in a list on Gmail when I am composing email.

All I need to do is to set their SMTP server to smtp.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here