Chameye's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 5:55 PM

Can't sign into email on Samsung phone

My mother's email  stopped syncing and wants her to re-enter her password. However, this screen is all I get when I try and enter the password .  There's nothing actionable on this page.  I tried removing the account and re-adding it but same thing. I cleared the cache of the email app and restarted  the phone.  I've also turned off 2 step verification so it stops trying to open the Xfinity app.  It seems like it's trying to open the Xfinity app for verification, but never actually does.  Just stuck in this loop.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Having same loop problem, as you tap the password line the phone flips to the above screen, looping!

If you delete the account, the Remove site says all emails, contacts and other data will be deleted.  That's a pain if so!??!

6 Messages

I followed the advice of another.  From my laptop, I signed into Xfinity (Comcast) email.  Once logged in, I clicked on the gear icon (upper right).  I selected "Settings" and then selected "Security."  Then, I allowed 3rd Party Apps to have access.

Once I did that, I was able to sign on for my email on my Samsung Android phone.

I hope that helps.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_4b11b7. Thanks for reaching our team regarding the issues with your email. Are you experiencing the issue on multiple devices or have you noticed this only with your Samsung device?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Where to enter password before ...

My screen will accept nothing

6 Messages

From a computer, try the site

https://login.xfinity.com/login.

You ought to be able to log in.  If scroll over the person icon located in the upper right.  Then, click on check emails.  If successful, you will see the gear icon.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

alan.mccall Have you checked on the solution provided by user_5xxl12 at the top of this thread? Make sure you have the correct setting for 3rd party apps so do not have to use the Xfiniy.com site.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

My latest experience implies this is neither Samsung or Xfinity issue. It has to do with secure info getting through your wifi AP or internet servers. I turned off wifi and was able to get through login.

In other words, try an alternate internet connection. Once you get through login, you can switch back to wifi.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_nbw9iz​ Thank you SO much for this crucial piece of advice. I was able to update the email security setting on the Xfinity site as others mentioned, but it kept rejecting my login on the 3rd party email app until I disabled Wi-Fi temporarily.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I am having the same issue.  My other Comcast email ID works fine on my phone, as does my Gmail account.  Spent time on the phone and with Live Agent Chat, but no solution.

2 Messages

So if you read up and go onto your comcast account on a pc. You can go to settings and check the box allowing 3rd party emails. Once you do that, Restart your phone/ Then put the password for your email in your phone first then your email. Then press sign in and it will work. If you dont refresh your comcast email after checking the box, and then also restart your phone and follow the directions above it will not work

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @DEH1972. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles signing in to your email. Are you getting an error message when you try to sign in? 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Me too!!!!  Just got a new phone and this is driving me nuts!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Fantastic !  Have been battling with Comcast email authentication changes, now I am wholesome again !!!

++999

A

1 Message

2 months ago

Exact same issue here. First, Xfinity forced me to change my password in the web app for some reason. When I went to update the password in my S23's email app, I get a modal popup with "Sign in again." Clicking in the "Password" input field immediately loads the screen pictured in Chameye's post, with nothing clickable.  Why it insists on loading another screen instead of allowing the password field to receive focus is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_81takj, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the password, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

2 months ago

Same Issue here. None of the above options helped me and YES, my 3rd party is checked in the Xfinity app, YES, I cleared my cache and all that, YES my other emails work just fine, including another one the Comcast forced me to reset last night, the same time I reset my main account that I can no longer access. NO, I can't click no the link that says "Lets Go". NO, using a different wifi did not help. I have tried everything listed on here and None of it has worked and all my settings are correct so there has to be another answer and Xfinity needs to fix it now, we pay tremendously high prices for these services and they need to work or there is no point in continuing to pay for them........

2 months ago

Removed account and when setting up again entered password first, then email account..worked like a charm

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Yes. This worked!!  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for sharing detailed feedback as it may help other users, Amateurtroubleshooter!

1 Message

2 months ago

Just figured it out.  Log into comcast email through a web browser.  Under the settings gear in the upper right hand corner, go to security, and click on the box to allow 3rd party access through outlook, apple mail, etc.

Then, when prompted to enter your password on your phone, delete your email address, and enter the password first, then re-enter your email address.

That worked for me.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

user_zr9wm3, Thanks for sharing with the thread how you were able to get this working once again! With needing to enter the password first, that sounds like the previous Xfinity login information is stored by your browser or device. Clearing cookies will make that so you enter it all fresh. You also can check your device or browser for any saved passwords you may have for our service and update them to the new login information so the next time you visit the page the information that pops up is correct.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 months ago

I tried this and I am still getting that screen

1 Message

2 months ago

My wife just had this issue on new samsung s24, cycled power after an update, checked to make sure 3rd party email was checked on xfinity email security settings  and you can click on Let's Go, unlike before update/cycle power.  Best of luck!

1 Message

2 months ago

Turning WIFI off on my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone allowed the password line to be executable. The email on my phone is now working..... after nearly 3 days! Good luck everyone!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here