S

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 1:03 AM

Can't send email through comcast email

I can receive email however I cannot send emails anymore through outlook, on my phone or tablet, OR online directly through comcast. Please help me get my email back, I have updated my password and read through the forums and I desparately need assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 months ago

Hi, @skys4324

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well. I see you aren't email to send emails directly on our site or via Outlook. I understand you receive emails with no issues, but you aren't able to send them. When you try, do you get any non-deliverable notifications? Does it happen with any email you try to connect with? 

(edited)

7 Messages

I get an error stating: [Edited: "Personal Information]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Does this same error populate on both our site and outlet? You can also visit this link https://spa.xfinity.com/postmaster?faq=avoid-blocks-ipv4 to review if any of these apply. @skys4324

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

[Edited: "Personal Information] email, both on the site and all other methods. I reviewed the avoid blocks page and it seems like my email might be blocked. How do I resolve that?

(edited)

7 Messages

Trying to say that it only happens when I use the email associated with comcast.net and it happens with all platforms. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

If you feel you email is blocked or if you think its another Comcast email that is blocked, you could reach out to our Customer Security Assurance Team to have them review this further. You can also report the email here https://spa.xfinity.com/report

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

My husband and I are having a similar issue as of this evening.  I can send email on my laptop signed into comcast but I cannot send email from iphone thru the mail app.  It says unable to send mail and that there is an issue with the mail server.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good evening @soleary22, and thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums with your email issues. We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble sending emails from your iPhone. To confirm, is it to a specific email address or all outgoing emails? May I also confirm that your iPhone is up to date? 

1 Message

4 months ago

Having the same issues. This has been going on a few days. I am unable to reply to message. I get the following error message:

"The connection to remote server imap-central.ge.xfinity.com was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later."

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_hlcld4 I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with your email service, I understand how frustrating this is for you. Have you tried clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history? When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser. Let me know if this helps!-Richard

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@XfinityRichard​ 

I don't think that @user_hlcld4 is having the problem via browser but using a third party program.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the same problem on sending email using Apple Mail as described in other threads.  Problem started with changing password as requested by comcast a few days ago.  I updated passwords and receive emails OK, but can not send.  This is true for Mac and iPhones.  Some people in other (closed) threads have been fixed but don't know how.  I use POP

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_49t987 Have you tried sending an email through our website? Do you see the same issue or is this only affecting your Apple Mail third party email client? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here