U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 7:26 PM

can't log into email on Android mail client or on MacOS mail client

I have signed into my account and made sure the check box is check that allows 3rd party apps to access email.

On my Mac, I deleted the Comcast email from the mail client and tried to add it. I get an error dialog that says "Unable to verify account name or password". I can sign on using Safari with no problem.

On my Android, I got a message yesterday that I needed to log into my account again. I have tried to do so and am not able to enter my password because the dialog box takes me to a page that is not clickable...or than displaying terms and conditions.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

... On my Android ... am not able to enter my password  ...

Is your Android device a Samsung?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

2 months ago

yes. I have a Galaxy S10

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

There's a bug in Samsung's email app, or perhaps in the way Comcast responds to its authentication attempts.

The steps posted in https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/phone-email-access-via-samsung-app/66905b07139ef6084dc46f5a?commentId=66906966fda2af2c09ece822 worked for me. The post that follows mine in that thread describes a different approach that might work.

Beyond that, more posts about the problem are listed at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/search?page=1&sortKey=RECENT&q=samsung+email&sortOrder=DESC.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here