U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 12:53 PM

Can't get email

My email says cannot get mail.  No password provided for "Comcast".  Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.  I have done that multiple times already.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

2 months ago

I still have Xfinity cable and phone, but discontinued their Internet. Over the past 6 months, I've intermittently had to change my password, and had repeated problems receiving emails with Outlook 2019/Windows 11. I've spent hours with Xfinity support troubleshooting, and they've had to reset my account repeatedly, as well as once correct their system software.

Today I'm having the problem on iPad, iPhone, and Windows 11. They clearly did something overnight to cut off receiving emails -- at least to people who no longer have their Internet service. After a long time with customer service, they have created a service ticket and claim they are researching the problem.

1 Message

2 months ago

We are having the same issue with our Comcast email on iPhone, and get stuck in endless online loops to reset the password

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_xx7j9a Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We'd love to help you resolve this concern. Can you clarify how you are accessing your email? Is it through a third party email client or via our Xfinity website?

2 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ I was able to get the issue corrected.  I had received several emails about updating my password.  I had updated it on the comcast.com side, but not on my computer or iPhone.  So it was a user error issue!

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_xx7j9a I'm happy to hear that you were able to get it resolved! We do appreciate your time in reaching out and for being the best part of Xfinity. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here