user_cgs621's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 6:56 AM

Can't download Comcast email to Outlook in some countries

Trying to use email while traveling, but my email won't download to my Outlook in some countries. I continually get a pop-up to enter my password, even though my password is correct. I had this problem in Morocco and Croatia, but my email worked fine in Bosnia and France. In Spain, I had the problem when I was on public wifi at my hotel but did not have the problem when I was on a friend's private wifi.

In most cases (except Morocco), my email continued to download to my email app on my Droid.

I saw a similar question in the forum, but did not see an answer (although it seems many people were having the same problem). Help.

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

3 months ago

user_cgs621 Are you getting any kind of error? 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityRuben​ No error message. I just keep getting the Outlook sign-in screen pop up over and over again, asking me to put in my password (which typically doesn't happen). I know it's not actually a password problem because (for example), the password worked fine one day in France and then stops working the following day (in Spain) and I didn't change it between the two countries. I have tried putting in the password (typing very very carefully to make sure of no errors) and it doesn't accept it, just keeps popping up asking for the password to send to the server.

Official Employee

• 

958 Messages

I would recommend contacting Microsoft about this issue. It could be location based and security measures that is preventing you from accessing email on Outlook.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

958 Messages

Check out and see what they say user_cgs621. Each country has their own security measures in place.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

It's possible and I will try asking there. But having the login window continually pop up asking for a password made it appear that the Comcast server was not accepting the password, which led me to believe it is a Comcast issue. And I did note that a number of other people had asked this same question in these forums. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Multi-year issue.  It continues.  Any work around?

Web login is one work around but not a convenient one.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here