U

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 5:27 PM

Can't access some emails after canceling cable TV service at the end of April

I canceled my Comcast cable TV service at the end of April.  I accessed all of them in the days prior to service end via the website and sent/received/replied to emails.

Last week, I began having access issues with said email via Thunderbird, which is where I always check my emails.

I went to the Xfinity website and tried accessing some of these accounts.

After logging in and going to "Account and identity," my Primary account reads as: 

"This account is no longer active. Users cannot be added."  That's fine, as I just want access to my emails.

Navigating to "Xfinity ID and security," I get the error: 

"A rendering error occurred: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'trim')."

To be clear, I still have access to -most- of my frequently-used accounts accessed on Thunderbird.  If I try to access these lesser-used accounts via the Xfinity website, I get errors.  I've tried accessing these on both Firefox and Edge.

Most of these accounts throw the password reset function:

"Reset your Xfinity password
As part of our commitment to you, Comcast routinely reviews and monitors account security. Please update your password to help protect you and your account."

I click the "Reset password" button.  A new page reads:

"Connect to your home WiFi to reset your password

You'll need to connect to your home WiFi, then navigate to xfinity.com/password to complete a password reset.

Note: Video-only users will need assistance from the primary account holder to reset their password. Get password help"

This is not helpful at all, as I use a wired internet connection and going to xfinity.com/password sends me in another loop.

Any help on regaining account access would be appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

927 Messages

21 hours ago

Hello @user_whlklb Thank you for reaching out to us for help with your access to your email accounts. I'm sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble with your access since closing the account. You are in the right place for help!

You mentioned that you signed in to the account (email address via website) prior to the account closing, did you log into these lesser used addresses as well? Based on the message you received it appears that the system is suggesting that you reset the password for these lesser used accounts through the primary ID for the account. Here is a link to the steps for managing the secondary ID's on the account. This is usually needed when the ID does not have a verified phone number or email address associated to the ID for reset. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here