faithbur's profile

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 12:55 AM

Can't access email from secondary account

When I try to access email from my email client, all day I've been getting errors that the login failed.  I can't log in to the website because it tells me I need to change my password and I don't have a verified phone or email to reset it (this has been going on awhile on the website but since I'd been able to log in from my email client, I didn't worry about it).   When I log in to my primary account, I can no longer see any secondary accounts let alone manage them because I no longer use Xfinity as my internet provider since I moved 2 years ago.

After DMing with support, I tried calling the "Customer Security Assurance team".  First time, the line hung up on me after I was holding for 10 minutes.  Second time, I got through but the agent said there was some known issue (which is not documented anywhere? and which doesn't affect my primary account?) that is being worked on and didn't even pull up my account.  I don't even think I was able to tell him any details, such as this being a secondary account- as soon as I said something about changing my password or not being able to log into email, he shut me down.  I have never had such a poor customer service experience- and that bar is pretty low.  

Is anyone else having similar problems?  I feel like if this was a known issue, I'd be seeing tons of posts about it. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

1 month ago

For former customers who want to keep using Comcast email, see here---------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-only-faqs

And here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-email-only

Once you were no longer a customer, you could keep the accounts but you have to have signed into them using the webmail interface periodically.  Just leaving them running in a desktop client or mail app doesn't count as a sign-in.  You didn't say if you had done this or not.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thank you for the helpful info that no one at Xfinity has been able to provide me.  I'm not sure how long it's been since I logged into Webmail because whenever I've tried to login, I've been getting a message about needing to change my password (and not having any way to do so).  That's been going on for quite some time.     

I have tried sending emails to the comcast email I can't get into; so far they have not bounced back. When I was DMing with support, they still saw that account as well.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

I'm a former Comcast customer who still uses same email. I've accessed my 3 accounts daily thru Xfinity web app. So it's more that active. 2 days ago, my 2 secondary accounts went kaput. "Cannot access, Information, authorization incorrect..." They ask you to change or correct the settings, which so far, is not possible. 3 hours with customer support and the problem remains.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@janswers​ This is the exact issue I am having, although I don't know how long it's been since I logged in directly.

Also just for a test, I tried logging into an old primary account that had been deactivated 3-4 years ago and which I had not accessed at all in about 2 years- not even through an email client.  It had a verified backup email associated so I was able to validate, change my password, and log in.  Upon logging in, the system asked me if I wanted to reactivate my account and once I did, I was able to see the thousands of spam emails that had accumulated in the past 2 years.    So the issue I am having definitely feels related to a secondary account and not to how long it might have been since logging into webmail.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

It's just mind boggling. They tell you there's a problem but give you no guidance as to what the problem actually is. Yet they send you down these rabbit holes they know are unable to fix the problem. It's diabolical. Spell it out!!!

Official Employee

• 

747 Messages

Hello, @janswers we appreciate you taking the time to reach out on this post. I completely understand needing access to your email, and a process on how to get back in when not having the option to reset the secondary password. When accounts are closed, our options are very limited for troubleshooting including emails. If using a 3rd party client, we do like to ensure all the settings are correct: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

After ensuring all the setting are correct. When not being able to reset the password following these steps: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password, we would direct someone to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team. This great team of experts has the access to help with emails on closed accounts, and I can confirm customers/former customers I’ve worked with in the past have successfully been able to get back in to their email after working with the team.

Besides calling in the CSA experts can be contacted online: https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. I've had customers tell me that at times they receive an error 404 message when trying to access the site. If you have trouble accessing, place the url in an incognito window, or Google: Xfinity customer security assurance and then access that way. Hope this information is helpful. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

I can't access my secondary account either. Worked fine at 7am, then it stopped and says my password or name isn't valid when I try to sign in (via Outlook). My primary is working fine.

Official Employee

• 

747 Messages

@ldbrin​ Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to the post. I understand needing to have access to your email accounts, and want to ensure you're able to get into all of them. I've worked with customers the past week that have run into the same issue you're describing. 

From the primary Xfinity ID, passwords can be reset for any secondary accounts: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password

Customers who aren't able to reset their passwords, have been successful working the CSA (customer security assurance team) the OP had mentioned. If you're experiencing issues getting support from the dedicated CSA experts please let me know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for reaching back out @faithbur. I am happy to see that Latoque was able to provide some useful information. When you attempt to log in and you get the change password message, you are getting the option to reset the password with a verified phone number or email address. Does this sound correct? Would you mind sending over a picture of when you get that message to reset the password with a verified phone number or email address?

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

The problem is there is no verified phone number or email with that email account.  It tells me "Please work with your primary account holder to reset your password. We are unable to change your password because there is not an eligible verified mobile number or email on file. "  As I said in my original post, I can no longer manage secondary accounts with my primary account since I changed my internet provider when I moved 2 years ago.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

29 days ago

Having exact same problem for 3-4 days now. Unable to reset using primary and use this secondary for business/job/banking activity.  Need help from Xfinity please!

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

29 days ago

Update: thanks to the support team here opening a ticket, I was contacted by a member of the CSA who was able to fix the issue very quickly. 

Once I got into my email, I saw a notice that Comcast had reset my password which was sent hours after my password started getting rejected.  It's a bit useless to send an email alerting a customer that their password won't work when they can't login to see the email since their password no longer works:

We've reset your password
We want to help you keep your account protected

To keep our customers' accounts protected, we recently asked everyone to reset their password. In our final review we noticed yours has not yet been changed so we’ve taken steps to secure your account. Please call us at 1-800-Xfinity (from 9:00 am to 12:00 am EST, 7 days/week) to speak with one of our Xfinity customer service agents, who can help you reset your account password. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here