U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 6:11 PM

can't access email from 3rd party app

I have not been able to access email from my Mac or iPhone using the Mac mail client. This started on the Mac on May 27th, and on the iPhone the issue started today.  On the iPhone, I have the message "the user name or password for "Comcast" is incorrect".  On the Mac, the error is "The following alerts are from the IMAP server for “Comcast”:Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later".   My OS and iOS are up to date. I have checked the 3rd party email setting in my comcast email account (signed in via browser) and it is enabled. I have changed my password and rebooted.  I continue to get the error. I have seen others post that they have had this problem but I don't see a resolution posted. I am a former customer so not an active customer.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue. Out of the blue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_fv5yqb Our teams are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend using the webmail site to access your Comcast email until it has been resolved. 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Me too. So I deleted and tried to reconnect to comcast, and I can't add the account back.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello there @salsavac!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can.  Are you able to update the 3rd party app you are using?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

3 months ago

I'm seeing issues as of 12:38 a.m. (shortly after midnight) eastern time.   Only  using 3rd party (Samsung email) app.  Using web on the phone works.

AFAICT all settings are right, as desktop, laptop using Thunderbird still work.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there,

We understand how important it is to have your email access again. Our teams are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend using the webmail site to access your Comcast email until it has been resolved. 

3 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ I made no changes - after I posted on the community forum my 3rd party email started to work again on both iPhone and Mac. At first, successful xfinity connectivity was sporadic. Now it seems to be consistent.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_r3zkq2 Thats great news to hear! In the event you have issues again, you can let us know here and we will be happy to check into the issue further. 🙂

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have 3 comcast.net email addresses. My primary account is able to connect and retrieve email, the other 2 comcast.net emails

fail to authenticate with the error "

Error

The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them.
Note, I'm using webmail to check (connect.xfinity.com).
This seems to have started after the recent comcast nag to update my account password.
This seems to be a comcast issue as I receive the same error on multiple PC's accessing Comcast webmail.
How can I contact a human or support to investigate/resolve? 
Thanks in advance.

6 Messages

My Comcast email account is not working, again, on my Desktop's Outlook 365.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @tralalaa

We are aware there is an issue with customers accessing secondary and additional email accounts. We are working to resolve this issue. The temporary solution for now is to use the webmail site to access your Comcast email until it has been resolved. We also highly recommend that you follow the advice to update your account password for account security. 

1 Message

2 months ago

Been unable to access my email via Mac Mail for about two weeks.  All setting are correct and have updated my password on the website. Still unable to use email on Mac.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_4o4scb​ 

Been unable to access my email via Mac Mail for about two weeks.  All setting are correct and have updated my password on the website. Still unable to use email on Mac.

Are you getting any error messages and if so what are they?  Are you able to log in to the website email?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

906 Messages

Hello @user_r3zkq2. What third part email software are you using on your MAC for Xfinity email?

2 Messages

6 days ago

August 23, 2024 Xfinity update. I can’t get emails on iPhone or iPad without going to the Xfinity app which doesn’t work all the time and is very slow.

Official Employee

• 

906 Messages

Hello user_fjnfxg. Please follow this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access to learn how to get access to your emails with a third part email.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here