U

Tuesday, August 20th, 2024 3:25 PM

Cannot log in, takes multiple attempts

I try to log in on my computer, then I hit send a text code to my phone. It either goes right back to the login screen when I click send text or goes back to login screen after I enter the code. I have to try many times, empty browsing history, do it again. It's hit or miss, sometimes I can log right in, other times it gives me trouble. I need to have access to my email and account, this is becoming a headache. I have Phidium fiber optic knocking at my door offering free installation and great customer service...mocking Xfinity's customer service as a pitch. It's getting harder and harder to find a reason NOT to do it.

Now at one point I downloaded the app to my phone but quickly uninstalled it as it was giving me trouble, and that seems to be when the trouble started. I really hope this issue is being fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

29 days ago

user_mho2m6 We are here to help in any way we can for you. What issue did the Xfinity app give you when you installed it? 

3 Messages

I cannot log in on my computer at all now, I have tried several times, this is not acceptable. Phidium it is

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_mho2m6 I can see how it would be frustrating not being able to get into your account seamlessly. Sounds like we may need to take a look at your profile if you are unable to login through the website and the Xfinity App. I'm happy to take a look today. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and the User ID you are using to login?

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I have found a work around, Thankfully, I have an alternative Gmail account was able to log in using email verication code. So if you are having trouble with logging in via text to phone, use send email code instead. This worked for me. BTW, you are your own customer service with Xfinity

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_mho2m6 I'm glad to hear you were able to get in. Without looking at your account it's hard to say what's happening, however from the sounds of it, you have your Gmail account listed as the preferred email address. I have my own account set up this way. That means when I login, I use that email address and not my Comcast email address. Please feel free to let us know if you run into any more issues, we are happy to help. Have a great rest of the day! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here