lmd32310's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 2:48 PM

Cannot Get Mail from iPhone, Gmail, Yahoo and iCloud work fine, laptop is fine post thread

This morning, I am unable to get my Comcast email from my iPhone. It works fine from my laptop, thankfully. I get a popup that says 'Cannot Get Mail' in bold and underneath it 'Comcast is currently unavailable'. The popup comes after I get an error notification at the bottom of my screen that just says 'Account Error: Comcast' and click on the Details.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 days ago

What worked was to delete and re-add the account from my iPhone mail accounts.  This suggestion was sent in a private message and I don't see a way here to flag it as an 'Accepted Answer'... sorry.  (I also turned off the VPN software on my phone.)

Official Employee

• 

905 Messages

15 days ago

@lmd32310

Thanks for reaching out to us today.  I've had the same email issue happen to me before on my iPhone.

I had signed into the Xfinity app and had to update my password and forgot that that's the same password for my Comcast e-mail.

Can you do me a favor and go into your iPhone settings go to mail than accounts and click on your Comcast e-mail and make sure your password has been updated to the same password you use to sign into the Xfinity app/ xfniity.com

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Yes, I can do that but before I do, I will add that I have not changed those passwords recently, and all my email accounts have been working fine.  (They all have different passwords.)

Official Employee

• 

905 Messages

Thank you, I recommend checking your iPhone settings since you're able to sign into your account on your laptop.

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pop-imap-iphone also has great information on linking your iPhone mail to your xfinity email.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I did, and yes I restarted my iPhone.  It made no difference.

Official Employee

• 

905 Messages

Let's take a deeper look into your account, I'm sending you a message via the private chat we have from you

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

905 Messages

14 days ago

@lmd32310

Thanks for reaching out to us I'm glad we were able to help with all of your concern with your iPhone e-mail settings for your Comcast e-mail, please feel free to reach out to us anytime and enjoy the rest of your day

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ 

And the solution was???? for those that might be seeking the answer to this very question?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here