U

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 3:09 PM

Cannot filter spam

My inbox continues to receive spam with sender @outlook.com but when viewing the source the return path is @hotmail.com. I have set multiple filters to discard any email coming from @outlook.com to no avail. I have marked each and every received email as spam but it continues to be received into my inbox. How do I get it to stop?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

14 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us about your email concerns. It sounds like you are taking the appropriate first steps to protect your account. We would also recommend reporting this through our Customer Security Assurance's site over at https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse 

I am also sharing our updated spam filter settings here.

6 Messages

Unfortunately, the link provided to report abuse gives me a “Bad Request” error message. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I do apologize as our links may sometimes not work the same due to our connection. You can try https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse instead. If you get a "Bad Request" message on that link, try opening on a different browser or in a Private/Incognito mode. 

You can also search CSA Xfinity should be the first option.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

I have forwarded all spam email from outlook to missed-spam@comcast.net. I have also forwarded a few to abuse@comcast.net. Total, it is 3:39pm and I have received 23 of these emails and only 4 were filtered to my spam folder, while all the rest were in my inbox. I forwarded all of those to missed-spam and then designated them as spam. Not sure what else a user can do, this seems to be a comcast problem.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

14 days ago

I am also getting lots of spam email from outlook.com and hotmail.com.   I have set up multiple filters but none are working.  I'm considering manually forwarding each message to abuse at comcast dot net. 

6 Messages

I started forwarded each one to missed-spam at comcast dot net.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_lklpyx That is certainly helpful! It may not be possible to prevent all spam from reaching you but using your spam filter and reporting spam to our security team should improve your experience.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here