U

Sunday, August 11th, 2024 1:25 PM

cannot access one of my comcast.net email addresses

I ignored messages to update my password, thinking they were scam messages.  Now, I cannot access email from one of my email accounts. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 month ago

@user_k57ngl Welcome to our community forum. I use my Email every day and I want to make sure you have access to all your important mail. Please log into your online Xfinity account as the Primary user and you will have the option to change the password for your secondary accounts. 

3 Messages

That did not work for me...My primary user account is the one I do not have access to. [Edit: Personal Information].  I deleted the account to try to fix it.  Now, when I try to add it again, I am advised it is already an active account, so I cannot add it.  I have access to my secondary account: [Edit: Personal Information] and when I tried to update, it doesn't allow it. I try to add the [Edit: Personal Information] email account. I have the message it is already linked, so I try to add it . Message reads: Auto-configuration failed. Do you want to configure manually.  I opt to do that. The next message reads: Validaton of server imap.comcast.net failed due to invalid credentials. I have been through all of this many many times and I cannot add the email account back and cannot access it.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_k57ngl Thank you for letting me know the steps you have already tried. I'd like to take a closer look at the account to find our next best step towards a resolution. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Thank you, I did that on Direct Message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here