U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 28th, 2022 1:30 AM

Closed

Can send but CANNOT receive any emails on any email platform

Hello,

I am unable to receive any emails to my @comcast.net email. This has been going on for 3 days and only impacts inbound emails; I am able to send out emails just fine. This issue is occurs across all apps where I consume email - my iPhone, my Windows Mail app, and directly within the Xfinity web browser. 

I noticed my inbox was full, so I deleted a few GBs of emails and now have plenty of free space per the screenshot below:

This was six hours ago. I still have not been able to receive any emails via any of the locations on which I access email. I have sent emails from other accounts to my email address as tests.
Please advise at earliest convenience.
Many thanks in advance.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

2 years ago

@user_3e8e88 

I made your post private because your first name is showing in your screenshot.  You might want to edit it by clicking on the three dots at the right of your post and choosing edit.

Click on Email Settings and then on Auto Forward.  If there is anything there, remove it, close out of email, close out your browser and start a new session.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

2 years ago

@user_3e8e88 Thank you for reaching out regarding your email concern, we're happy to help.   I appreciate you taking the troubleshooting steps you already did, that's very helpful. Could I have you double check your filter settings through the Xfinity connect site at connect.xfinity.com and also that the emails aren't being forwarded in your settings and let us know the results, please? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hello. Please see above regarding an inability to receive any emails to my [Edited: "Personal Information"] account

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

Please send us a direct message to continue troubleshooting. Thank you. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the help. Strangely, my emails were being auto forwarded to an email address I do not recognize - an @yahoo.com domain. I can confirm I have removed the autoforward and am able to receive a test email from another account to which I have access. I went ahead and changed my password for security purposes.

Is there any way to recover the emails that were forwarded? The last email I have is from Saturday, so would be ~5 days worth of emails.

Many thanks again.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Happy to hear that it's now working, Unfortunately, any emails forwarded are bounced off of our server to the forwarded email. The only way for our server to receive a copy of it is if the option of "save a copy of forwarded email" is checked. If it is not, then the comcast.net servers do not receive a copy. Any forwarded email are not recoverable by Comcast. The only way to receive copies of the forwarded emails is to request the senders to send it again.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here