Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
Conversationalist

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Fri, Feb 5, 2021 11:00 AM

Can I bounce a range of IP addresses?

Any email I get from Russia, China, etc. I'd like to have it just bounce, is there a way to do this? 

Responses

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

2 m ago

You could try to write a filter, and if you look at the list of available actions, one of them is "Reject with reason".  You could try blocking the TLD like ".ru" or whatever.  I haven't tried it, but you can put in any reason you like such as "Not our customer" or other common bounce messages.  But if all these messages are just spam, no one is going to read a bounce anyway.  I would just go for "Discard" so that you never see them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 m ago

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the delayed response. To be specific, I'm trying to do this at the Comcast level, i.e. have their email server bounce before it's sent to my inbox.

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

1 m ago

@banderson1962 wrote:

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the delayed response. To be specific, I'm trying to do this at the Comcast level, i.e. have their email server bounce before it's sent to my inbox.

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.  You could call Comcast security and ask.  If anyone knows they would------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here