banderson1962's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Friday, February 5th, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

Can I bounce a range of IP addresses?

Any email I get from Russia, China, etc. I'd like to have it just bounce, is there a way to do this? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

4 years ago

You could try to write a filter, and if you look at the list of available actions, one of them is "Reject with reason".  You could try blocking the TLD like ".ru" or whatever.  I haven't tried it, but you can put in any reason you like such as "Not our customer" or other common bounce messages.  But if all these messages are just spam, no one is going to read a bounce anyway.  I would just go for "Discard" so that you never see them.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the delayed response. To be specific, I'm trying to do this at the Comcast level, i.e. have their email server bounce before it's sent to my inbox.

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

4 years ago

@banderson1962 wrote:

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the delayed response. To be specific, I'm trying to do this at the Comcast level, i.e. have their email server bounce before it's sent to my inbox.

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.  You could call Comcast security and ask.  If anyone knows they would------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here