jsifantu's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 1:00 PM

Blocked Xfinity Comcast IMAP email connections from outside the US

I'm unable to access the Xfinity Comcast IMAP servers from outside the US using various email clients, such as, Apple Mail on iOS, Outlook on Samsung Android and iOS, even though I can access my email using the Xfinity Comcast email Web application. So I'm wondering whether IMAP/SNMP connections are blocked when initiated outside the US for some reason since it only seems to happen in other countries in Europe. I travel extensively outside the US and never had this problem over the years, except recently during the past few months. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 month ago

I meant IMAP/SMTP, not SNMP in the previous message. Sorry about the typo.

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

@jsifantu

This link Xfinity ⋅ Service Policy Assurance where you can report your issue

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I've tried to the Servicce Policy Assurance site you mentioned. However, the form requires providing the domain and IP address from which I'm experiencing the problem as if its specific IP address would be blocked. First, I'm not sure what the domain is in this case since I'm using an internet connection provider modem from my home in France. Second, the problem is with the authentication while trying to connect some of the email clients to the Xfinity Comcast IPMAP/SMTP servers, mostly the clients on my mobile devices, such as Outlook or Apple Mail on iPhone and iPad M1 or Outlook on Android on a Samsung phone. Access via the Comcast Web email application works fine. So, I'm wondering why the authentication fail on some clients but not on others. And why did this start happening all of the sudden while it has been working for months. 

Official Employee

• 

995 Messages

jsifantu Thank you for visiting our Xfinity Community Forums! We recently added an extra layer of security for your Xfinity Email. Please see Turn your access to third-party email programs on or off in Xfinity Email

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you for you answer, but I have tried this before by switching back and forth multiple times, but to no avail. Still the same problem. This additional security option was already on when the problem started to happen. And, for and additional puzzling aspect, the Outlook application configured on the Mac can connect successfully from the same location without problem. So it seems this problems with authentication only happens from email clients on devices running either iOS or Android. Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@jsifantu Can you please uninstall and reinstall Outlook? We have come across other threads with a similar issue to this and customers have reported that has been a successful step in resolving the issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here