bluebird51's profile

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

Thursday, June 6th, 2024 12:00 PM

blacklisted/cannot get my email on Mac mail through Xfinity

I have called security over and over. I have been BLACKlisted cannot retrieve my email using Mac mail through Comcast servers? It seems to work early am 6:30am then goes to being blacklisted. It started two days ago. Getting nowhere with security dept they said it was put to higher up and I'll be called but nothing. Here is the order #.[Edited: "Personal Information"]. I have been with Comcast for over 35 years. I was told I could keep my email even if I move....I can access it through Infinity site but it's being black listed from my Mac mail account. I get a message when using the Mail connection Dr on my iMac..  IMAP- says trying to log into this IMAP account failed. Verify username and password are correct...   SMTP. Connection and login server succeeded.. I have checked and updated Passwords..So what is one to do have not heard anything from Xfinity security and why does it only start in Early AM and go on all day and night. [Edited: Inflammatory]!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

bluebird51, Good morning, and thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I am sorry to hear you have had trouble with your email. It sounds like you have been working with our security team. If you would like us to look into this for you, 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 months ago

@bluebird51 

Please follow up with @XfinityAlex from the other post that you made in Email.  [@XfinityAngie]

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

4 months ago

I have exhausted everything..Was on with Xfinity for  over an hour this morning..Then was told by Cain in security dept. Its the internet provider which is Optimum  was On with them she said not them but apple. Called apple did screen share nothing... Optimum said if everything else works the internet etc it's not them.... Going to get a new modem tomorrow for wifi and new address hopefully... To see if that works...Also get when checking mail the imap says  trying to log in to this IMAP account failed.Verify that the username and password are correct,, Also say SMTP. Connection and login to server succeeded. I have changed all password put them everywhere it says but still being blacklisted. I can log into Xfinity and get my mail. But cannot  on Mac mail as im getting little triangle symbols next to each email that say im black listed. Tempoarily blacklisted Ip address??? it weird as it worked this morning then went to blacklist again . Has Comcast stopped me from getting my mail  from a third party Mac Mail.... Seems odd...I can get it on my cell if wifi is off so none of it makes sense... I have no idea who is responsible for this but hopefully a new wifi modem from Optimum will work....

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@bud54S​ I sent you a private forum message a moment ago.  Can you reply when you have a chance?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

3 months ago

@bluebird51 I sent you a private forum message a moment ago.  Can you reply when you have a chance?

1 Message

3 months ago

me too.  Called xfinity and my internet service provider over and over.  Works via verizon hotspot.  Otherwise blacklisted.  Changed ip address.  No change in behavior.  Been going on for a month.  

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

@user_duxgb8 I am going to reach out to you via DM to get some additional info from you

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

@XfinityJammieAAMP​ thank you.  That worked for 1 day.  Blacklisting is back this morning. :-(

2 Messages

@user_2cpbbo​  I was user_duxgb8 yesterday. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_2cpbbo, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

3 months ago

I’m  just chiming in. I have a MacBook Pro and I use the native mail app on my Mac as well as my iOS devices. Can you check your email on the Comcast.net website? If you left xfinity you would still have an account but with a smaller storage amount. Is your inbox full then on the Comcast.net website? If so clean it out. You could also delete your email account on your iMac and set it up again. Have you updated your iMac recently? Do you have some type of unauthorized antivirus software on your iMac that could be causing your problem? Remove anything other than MalewareBytes from your iMac. Your iMac has built in software called Gatekeeper. MalewareBytes is the only thing any Mac professional would say to use. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

It was a Comcast issue......After MUCH aggravation and Phone calling and  a Knowledegable comcast officials ON THIS SITE. fixed it!!! Better than security and a week of phone calls... Seemed a third party issue.( Mac mail)..iMac Had no problem logging into my mail through comcast.. I just was blacklisted for No reason..I was given the runaround but kept at it...So far so good

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Glad someone helped you. Seems a bit much to blacklist an email address. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@bluebird51​ What was the fix? I am having the same problem and no one at Comcast can help. And I can't actually talk to someone, the support has to happen through chat which is very inefficient and I can't tell if the agent actually understands the issue. I'm hoping your fix can help me out. 

1 Message

I had the problem with one of my two last month. That worked out. But the other has been a pain in the neck. I have had the same "blacklist" message on a MacBook air. It works on iPhone, though. The issue with my one comcast email crashed my mailbox. I'll have to also go through the tech support through this. I logged in. So I know the PW is correct. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here