U

Monday, June 10th, 2024 1:15 AM

Beginning June 3, 2024, customers will not be able to create new Xfinity Email (comcast.net) accounts.

At the top of this webpage,  you’ll see the message in my subject line. This is kind of a big deal but I’ve been unable to find any further information about it or the rationale behind this decision. Can someone/anyone please explain what and why this is happening?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_5p3tnc, and for your inquiry about that new policy. That was changed due to usage issues with the service. 

Contributor

• 

218 Messages

What exactly is going on here? When were we notified of this rather bizarre change? Please explain what "due to usage issues with the service" means!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

plummerld Due to low usage, the ability to create new Xfinity Email accounts (comcast.net) is no longer available. Meaning, the email feature is not being used enough by our customers and we are discontinuing it. For more information, you can visit us HERE

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Nice! Xfinity pointed us right back where the original poster pointed us! This is not a real explanation, I think Comcast/Xfinity does not want to be an email provider in the near future….

1 Message

3 months ago

Where do we go for email?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_6fce26 are you able to provide more details about your question? You can still use any other email account to set up a new Xfinity ID to sign into our website and apps. You can also still use existing comcast.net email accounts. Our webmail service just does not get used often enough to keep making new accounts. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

If an employee leaves and their email is no longer needed, can you change their email address name to be used by a new employee? It's not adding any new ones and we're paying for 5 email addresses.

thx

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_wrlzfl Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team. With there being changes to staff, I can see wanting to update the email contacts. In the future, we have our Comcast Business Support Community that is similar to this  one for asking questions that would be a good resource, https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/. You should be able to login to My Account, and update the Users there. You can also transfer Primary Manager Role there as well. Please give these steps a try and let us know if that works for you. 

-My Account
-Users
-Users Directory
-View Profile
-Edit User Information

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_wrlzfl 

Email is not a line item in your Comcast internet bill.  It is one of several services that Comcast considers as "extras" or perks.  Other such services have come and gone over time, like the calendar, the old "Community" discussion forums and others.  You might want to consider migrating your main email action to a provider not associated with an ISP, like Outlook.com, Gmail, Mail.com or others.

1 Message

2 months ago

I have not received any emails with my comcast.net since 6/18. I need to know why or how to fix

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_jrms57 

Have you tried sending an email to that account using some other email you have like Yahoo, Gmail or something else?  How are you accessing the email?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here