hcarey4's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 2nd, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Auto Forwarding HACK

I have had issues with my comcast email for a long while now. I had someone clearly hacking into it and changing my password. It appeared that they got tired of changing the email password itself, but while I was logged in, I could see them changing passwords to connected accounts such as Facebook and Snapchat. While on the phone to comcast for an unrelated matter today, I questioned this email problem. The lady said to check the auto forwarding to which I found the email "ericlawlson5@yahoo.com" which I had never added. The best I can do is remove this from my account, however, this does not make up for the fact that some random person has been receiving ALL my personal emails and information for I don't know how long, which is illegal. Comcast's email is completely unsafe and I will be deactivating this account shortly. If you currently have a comcast email CHECK THE AUTO FORWARDING! 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@hcarey4

I apologize for the issue you have experienced and the inconvenience this has caused you. Unfortunately, the user preferences/settings like email forwarding are completely controlled by the end user. This is an email standard feature regardless of the email provider. An additional recommendation i can provide is to reach out to the yahoo abuse team and advise them of your findings so that they are aware of the issue as well and potentially able to shut down the account or even force a password reset as the yahoo account could also be a compromised account much like yours was. 

If you have any further questions or concerns whether it be about the email platform or about account compromise, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team at 1-888-565-4329

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here