U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 21st, 2023 1:28 AM

Closed

apple Mail cannot connect to my Comcast mailbox

Because of the recent data breach, I changed my password to my email account. I can see my email on the Comcast web site. My Apple Mail account cannot fetch my emails from the Comcast mail site. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

This user reported using an "alias" for the mac email account was problematic on a phone.  I don't know if that holds true for macOS or not, I don't rename mail accounts.  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/unable-to-connect-to-imap-server-from-iphone-after-resetting-xfinity-password/65809cff2e4f0f28452d1624 

Farther down, there's a link that involves disabling the mail account (and everything else checking mail temporarily) to fix an account authorization lockout issue that may work.  I hit that one myself after the password change.   

There is another issue with Mac/IOS too.  It likes to capitalize the 1st character in a dialogue box when entering data.  Pay close attention to that when you are entering passwords.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I read and followed every link here and on Apple Support. Eventually managed to isolate email accounts on every device. Trial and error made the offline symbols disappear, one at a time. Not sure how I got there. This community did lead me in the right direction . Thank you for that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here