U

Sunday, October 8th, 2023 9:24 PM

Closed

Apple email app stopped fetching Comcast email

My Comcast email stopped working with the Apple app on my iPad (would not fetch new emails). I have updated it OS 17.0.3.  I cleared the cache.  I’ve turned it off and back on again and then I deleted the account and tried to set it up again but get message that Comcast is not available.  Email still loads fine on iPhone with same OS

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 months ago

@user_cqbv5t Thank you so much for letting us know your Comcast email is not syncing your inbox on your Apple devices. It sounds like you tried all the basics already so thank you for those steps before reaching out! If you are still encountering this error could you please send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ 

Thank you for your response.  I tried reinstalling my Comcast account on the Apple email app several times after this post and it finally started working.  I didn’t do anything different other than letting time pass so I don’t know what changed, but at least the issue has resolved.  Maybe it had something to do with the recent OS updates.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_cqbv5t Thank you for that update that may be the case for sure especially if there was a recent update! I am glad to know you have access back on all your devices! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Hi, my Comcast email no longer syncs changes between Xfinity and my Apple email.  I get the emails but when I delete or read an email that change isn’t synced.  This is true whether I do this on the Apple or when I log into my Comcast mail through the Xfinity app. 

This syncing started  happening some time back but the issues I’m having are getting worse.  I have reinstalled mail on the Apple device several times after being on a call with support but no improvement. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @Wikiwiki2005. If you are still having issues with that email syncing send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Why can’t I get my Comcast e-mail on apple app on iPhone? It seems to have stopped middle of Dec 2023. 

1 Message

6 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] Same problem here

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Oh no, @user_g3f2j1. I've located this detailed article which goes over how you're able to Turn your access to third-party email programs on or off in Xfinity Email, that I am hoping might help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here