noisydoll's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 25th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

After changing my password, I cannot use iPhone mail app anymore to check mail.

So Google told me "oh your password for comcast is compromised you need to change it now" and I did, and entered it into both the email accounts settings on my Mac, and also the Accounts settings in my iPhone SE (2020). The Mac app will get the emails, but the iPhone will not anymore.

The error I get is " The mail server imap.comcast.net is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings. But when I enter the username and password in the Account settings screen, I get full checks, which tells me that it is accepting the username and password.

Here are the settings I feel comfortable sharing with you. 

Host Name: imap.comcast.net

User Name @comcast.net

Password: ************

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.comcast.net

Use SSL is on

Authentication: Password

IMAP Path Prefix (left blank)

Server Port 993

Thanks for any advice you can give me! I rely a lot on being able to just check my email in the Mail app and do not want to get a separate Xfinity app to check my mail. I want it in one place with my Gmail account like I had before. It was working fine until I updated my password. I've entered it many times now so it's definitely not misspelled.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the SMTP server;

go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to" Mail, Contacts, Calendars", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net". On the next screen, you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for this. After following this step, I was still getting the same error. 

But, I changed my user name to drop the "@comcast.net" and this triggered a popup asking me for the password, and after entering the password one more time in there, now I can get the mail. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I also have the same problem- it seems that the Apple email app is not suitable for Comcast email addresses for some reason. I can login on the desktop with the same login info but something is wrong with using Comcast on the app. This is frustrating considering that they are discontinuing the XfinityConnect app (which already had problems of it's own) and now this app doesn't work as an alternative

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

@pinkcheetah 

You are responding to a year-old thread.  Please post your question in a new thread.  This one is being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here