JohnH1's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Add another email address to comcast.net

How do I add a new email address to my Comcast account? Every time I try to find a solution, I get how to add a new USER to my account. I don't want to add a new user, I want a separate new email address to get mail relating to a volunteer organization. I don't want people to send email to my personal account. 

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@JohnH1 wrote:

How do I add a new email address to my Comcast account? Every time I try to find a solution, I get how to add a new USER to my account. I don't want to add a new user, I want a separate new email address to get mail relating to a volunteer organization. I don't want people to send email to my personal account. 

You follow those same instructions for a new email address.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

That's fine, except I can't do that, either.

The Comcast website is very difficult to navigate. Finding solutions is very difficult.

I simply need to reset my email password for my main email account. How hard should it be to find this answer?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

You just scroll down to the bottom of the Xfinity homepage and use this link------------

https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/reset

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Your proposed solution has absolutely nothing to do with the question asked

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vpriga wrote:

Your proposed solution has absolutely nothing to do with the question asked

There were two questions asked, and both were answered.  Which one are you referring to, and which poster are you referring to?  Using the quote function helps a great deal when replying to posts.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Actually your answer does not seem to be correct.  I have added a new user, but there is not clear way to add a comcast.net email account for that user.  I have looked at all of yours and other links, but there is no clear path to add a comcast.net email address once a new user is created.  If you have a true answer, provide specific instructions, please.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

@GPeregrim wrote:

Actually your answer does not seem to be correct.  I have added a new user, but there is not clear way to add a comcast.net email account for that user.  I have looked at all of yours and other links, but there is no clear path to add a comcast.net email address once a new user is created.  If you have a true answer, provide specific instructions, please.

The email was already set up when you created the user.  It's not done separately. If the new user logs into https://connect.xfinity.com with the username and password, the email will open.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for replying, but I really need very specific information, because it has not worked for me that way.  When I enter a new user, the options start with adding a first name, last name and email or phone number by which the new user is contacted to start their account.  I had to create a new email account outside of comcast in order to add a new user, since all of my other emails are currently associated with comcast and comcast does not allow more than one user account to be associated with any single email account.  So after filling out the first screen for a new user, there is no option to add an email account for that user.  I am trying to add under the user option of manager.

The email that is associated with the user ends up being an outside email account.

I would really like to see some detailed information or screen shots, as it is clear others are having issues as well.  I spend about 30 minutes on a call with comcast today, and still have not been able to add a new comcast.net email. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Again, thanks for the quick reply.  Ultimately, I would just like to set up an additional email for me.  Xfinity states I can use up to 7, but only have two at this point.  All of the instructions I have seen on setting up a new comcast.net email account instruct you to create a new user.  And in my discussion with comcast it seems that you can only create a new user, by inputting an email account or phone number that the new user (me in this case) would use to create their new account. 

I currently manage a web site that allows me to have hundreds of email accounts, and all are easy to set up with the hosting company provided easy to use instructions.  Comcase/Xfinity is another story.

So what I am looking for is a way in which I can add another comcast.net email account either via a new user, or under one of my existing users, which are all me.  I currently have the 2 comcast emails that I set up a long time ago, before comcast became Xfinity.  I at this point need detailed line by line instructions on where to "add a new comcast.net email account".  I cannot find it anywhere. 

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@GPeregrim are you trying to set up a new email for yourself or for someone else?  If someone else, you need to be entering their information, not yours.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

The email account will be the name you choose when you create the new user. See the instructions at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresss . In step 4 it says, "The Viewer option gives the secondary user limited access to the account and will require you to fill out their user information for them rather than send them an invitation." That means when you fill out the user information, you should set up the new user as a Viewer and choose the username. That username will become the part of the email address that precedes the @comcast.net. Since you are creating it, you don't have to bother with steps 6-8.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for you patience and input.  It did work.  However, I fail to see why Xfinity/Comcast does not add some clear and specific information about adding an additional email address.  See my recommeded language they could add below.

Their guidance with my suggestions:

1. Select Manager, Member or Viewer, then click Continue.

Note: The Viewer option gives the secondary user limited access to the account and will require you to fill out their user information for them rather than send them an invitation. This is our most basic option with limited permissions. For more information, learn about the different user roles and permissions. (Xfinity should add in this note: Use the Viewer Option to create a new email address for yourself.  The User name you put in becomes a new email address without the @comcast.net ending.  The @comcast.net ending will automatically be added to the User name (as created using the Viewer option) when the User setup is completed.)

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

@GPeregrim 

I agree the instructions could be made clearer. However, the primary user can set anyone up as a Viewer, and not send them an invitation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@GPeregrim 

Glad you had success. After over an hour fooling around, I managed to get a "new" viewer/user setup for myself with a proper 'username'.  It even showed the Comcast.net emal address correctly and marked it "PREFERRED". 

BUT, directly beneath it is a box with a vertical orange bar declaring:

"A Comcast email account hasn't been set up for this user yet."

Really, how can creating a secondary email address on the Xfinity/Comcast system be so difficult? 

1 Attachment

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here