U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 7:21 PM

access to direct message

I have a bad problem resetting my password on an email sub-account.  I need to change my recovery email for the sub-account I'm trying to do a password reset on because the current recovery email is not available.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 months ago

@user_9f2b26 

Direct messaging isn't allowed until an official employee asks you to do so; it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send anyone an unrequested DM/PM.  Also note, if you do send one without being asked to do so, it could possibly be ignored.

2 Messages

Thanks for assisting!  I understand about DMs...the problem I'm having involves the recovery email for one of my email accounts.  I'm attempting to reset the password but the only option I'm given is to get a recovery link sent to my recovery email address.  Sadly, I no longer have access to the email address (had to shut down the server that hosted that address).  I didn't realize I was using it for this email account.

I called Xfinity but was never able to get an answer to how to change the recovery email for the account (actually never even got to a live person to talk to).

Any suggestions on how I might proceed?  Thank you so much again!

-David

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_9f2b26​ 

Only thing I can suggest is to call Customer Security Assurance and see if they can help you.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here