T

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 3:43 PM

Closed

421 resomta-h1p-028516.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not avai

I work at a retirement community where we have over 300 residents that live here and a lot of them use Comcast emails and we are noticing more often than before that the outgoing smtp server stops working for residents. Since we've gotten a lot of complaints recently I have been digging through firewall logs, and all kinds of things trying to figure out what's happening. I found today that trying to telnet to smtp.comcast.net I get this error 421 resomta-h1p-028516.sys.comcast.net resomta-h1p-028516.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available, please contact support which seems like Comcast is blocking our IP address. We provide internet access to all of our residents through a Comcast Metro Ethernet connection over a community wifi network so everyone has the same public IP address. I need to find someone that can resolve this issue ASAP as this has been an ongoing problem and in the past we would just wait it out and a day later it would start working. But now it seems like every day it's happening and constantly happening way too much that it's becoming a huge problem for our residents. They are all 65+ and have had their Comcast emails since Comcast probably came out with an email back in the day so they do not want to switch from comcast email otherwise I would just recommend them to go with another provider. So since that is the case we need to find someone that is capable of figuring out this issue for us. 

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

7 months ago

@th3g1zm0 Send me a DM with the IP address(es) in question.  We can help with this.

2 Messages

@XfinityAlex I cannot express how appreciative I am of how fast you were able to resolve the issue we were having. It has been a big headache for me having all of these residents contact me and reporting to our CEO that the issue is our internet connections fault. Again I want to thank you and hope that you can get some extra kudos from your superior as I am very impressed at how fast it was handled. I assume it would have been even faster had I realized you sent a message, but that was my fault for not paying attention to it. Hope you have a great holiday! Cheers!

Official Employee

• 

107 Messages

Dear Palak
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Alex.
Recognizing our employees with special shoutouts is our favorite thing to do. We've shared your compliment with Alex and their leadership. 
We always want you to have the best experience possible. Thank you for being an Xfinity customer. 
Kind Regards,  
Madinah Comcast Philadelphia 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

smtp;554 resimta-h1p-037625.sys.comcast.net resimta-h1p-037625.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server not available mx2.mxge.comcast.net (2001:558:fd02:243f::3)
am facing issue please give me some solution for this

@XfinityAlex​ 

Hello Alex, Happy New Year! 

We are a retirement community with the exact same issue.  Would you mind helping us out as well?

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@Sunnysideretirement please direct message us your full name and address so we can further assist

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

@XfinityAlex @XfinityJoshuaG 

I'm having the same issue.  I've changed my password and have tried finding all of the devices using Comcast as the SMTP send host.  I test and believe I've gotten them all and then I wake up to find that I'm locked out from sending.  And I don't know how to send a direct message or would have done that too.  

Thanks for any help

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@dbentzen​ I'll send you a DM to start the conversation.  I'll also see what data I can find.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@dbentzen  Please send me a direct message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon! 

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. We appreciate your signing up to be a part of the Comcast family, and I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm having this issue as well. Two different users on Iphones, desktop PC and Ipad. Email sends fail almost constantly. There are times when they go through. Error message I'm seeing is this:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded:  resomta-c2p-555482.sys.comcast.net resomta-c2p-555482.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

To things, it could be you have a user with a bad password coming from the same public IP.  The Comcast servers will only allow so many failed authentications.  The other problem, and I don't know what your network setup looks like, is that they will block IP address they think are spammy...   Work with someone from xfinity to help you find your answer.  I have a script which I run on my Mac regularly and it sends email through Comcast.  I can see right away when it fails. I log the working and failed IPs.    Elon changes my IP address quite frequently on the starlink network.  Xfinity has fixed this mostly, but once in a while I still get this error.  Xfinity team helped a bunch with my problems, don't know what they actually did to make it better, but like I said, most days it works just fine..  Good luck!

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@user_i925al If you could send me a DM with your UserID, we'll see what we can find in the logs.    Click on my name, then there's a little three-dot menu, and there's a "Send Message" in there.  Happy to help

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail in Outlook: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded

resomta-c2p-555440.sys.comcast.net resomta-c2p-555440.sys.comcast.net Too many sessions opened

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Also got this message:

Authentication failed because Outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Neir Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. This error message indicates that your IP address has exceeded the limit of 25 simultaneous connections allowed by Comcast. This error occurs when the number of connections from your IP address exceeds the allowed limit. To reduce the number of simultaneous connections, follow these steps:
1. Close any open internet apps.
2. Choose the Apple icon and select System Settings.
3. Click Network.
4. Choose your mode of connection in the network connection services list.
5. Click Details.
6. Select TCP/IP.
7. Click Renew DHCP Lease.
8. Open a browser and connect to the internet.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need additional assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@Neir​ Were you able to get this resolved?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here