ladonnam1's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 3:50 PM

Closed

400 Bad request error message from Xfinity comcast email account

When I try to open my comcast.net email account with Microsoft EDGE browser as usual, I am now getting a 400 error, "your browser sent an invalid request".  From alot of googling yesterday, I've already tried clearing cache and cookies on this browser, removing a possibly corrupt extension I found while following other suggestions, multiple reboots after these efforts, to no avail. I can seem to continue to do everything else I normally do with this browser, just can't open my email account now. Help.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

@XfinityJustinC​  Justin, I responded to your suggestions through Email [edit all caps] (Comcast community mailer address) but suspect perhaps you never received as I did not get further response from you.  Just "for the record", an update (originally transmitted by email to you):

1) A different browser ( my backup is Firefox [edit all caps]) Does [edit all caps] allow me to open my xfinity comcast email account just fine! 
2) an "InPrivate"(incognito) window Does [edit all caps] allow me to open/access my xfinity comcast email account in my go to browser Microsoft Edge [edit all caps]. 
3) my apple products (iphone/ipad) Do [edit all caps] allow me to open my outlook IMAP as currently configured.  I do not access emails on these devices through xfinity app. 
However, The Next Day This Issue Resolved [edit all caps] randomly!  Someone else on this thread posted the same issue here , says contacted Comcast and was told by Comcast it would.  Interesting, but not really satisfactory.  My email account was out of commission through Edge ( my preferred Browser) for an entire day.

If you have any other observations or comments, please share.  Thanks again for such a prompt initial response to my outreach.  

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@ladonnam1 Glad to hear that this has resolved for you. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages/email to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @ladonnam1. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assitance with your email conern. I definitely understand the importance of having access to your email communications, and want to help ensure you can access those. 

I appreciate you providing all the details steps you have already attempted, you have done a lot of the steps I would have asked if you have tried. I did have a couple other questions to see if these help:

- Have you attempted to open an incognito window to access the email?

- Have you tried a different browser like Chrome?

- Are you able to access your email via the Xfinity App? 

1 Message

I also had the same exact problem and called Comcast. She instructed me to try "private" mode in Edge and that worked on my laptop and my desktop computers. She said that the problem would be resolved in the next 24 hours (not sure how she new that)....but for now I will use the "private/in cognitio mode" in Edge.

Just for your info.

Comcast user for over 30 years.....

1 Message

I have the same problem that Comcast said they fixed for me.  And it did work.  Now today I have the same error.  How do I get to the Edge private/incognito mode?

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

@user_lxvoyy

You can open an InPrivate window in different ways: 

• Select and hold (right-click) the Microsoft Edge logo in the taskbar and select New InPrivate window.

• In Microsoft Edge, select and hold (right-click) a link and select Open link in InPrivate window.

• In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more  > New InPrivate window.      Let us know if this helps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​  Justin, I responded to your suggestions through EMAIL (Comcast community mailer address) but suspect perhaps you never received as I did not get further response from you.  Just "for the record", an update (originallly transmitted by email to you):

1) A different browser ( my backup is FIREFOX) DOES allow me to open my xfinity comcast email account just fine! 
2) an "InPrivate"(incognito) window DOES allow me to open/access my xfinity comcast email account in my go to browser Microsoft EDGE. 
3) my apple products (iphone/ipad) DO allow me to open my outlook IMAP as currently configured.  I do not access emails on these devices through xfinity app. 
However, THE NEXT DAY THIS ISSUE RESOLVED randomly!  Someone else on this thread posted the same issue here , says contacted Comcast and was told by Comcast it would.  Interesting, but not really satisfactory.  My email account was out of commission through Edge ( my preferred Browser) for an entire day.

If you have any other observations or comments, please share.  Thanks again for such a prompt initial response to my outreach.  
This reply has been converted into a comment

Official Employee

• 

488 Messages

Good afternoon @user_ev9n1x. Have you tried again using the normal browser setting or are you still using the private mode in Edge? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here