Charles620's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Monday, October 25th, 2021 6:19 PM

Closed

Email account stopped working last week

Worked for hours trying to reset the correct credentials. No luck. Then support at Xfinity store said Comcast only allows email access via the web, since about April. Is this true? If not, what is the fix?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

You were given some bad information.  Comcast email can be enabled in any of the popular desktop email clients and mobile mail apps.  Which one are you trying to use?  Exactly what happens when you try to use the account through the client?

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Apple mail or Spark…get same message. “The imap server “imap.comcast.net” doesn’t support Password authentication. Please check your account settings and try again.”  This occurs on the iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro. I have worked with imap and smtp settings for Comcast given by multiple sites including Xfinity site. One of my email accounts still works but two of them stopped working at night last week. 

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Okay...I am now able to add 3 of 4 of my email accounts in Spark (assume Apple Mail will also work). However, my primary email with Comcast will still NOT allow the account to be set up in 3rd party email.  I have changed Comcast passwords and used the new ones to no avail.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Fixed. A knowledgeable Comcast agent helped. On the Comcast email page, settings, security there is a check box to allow 3rd party email client access. Why or how this got unchecked I don’t know. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Charles620​ Thank you!!!!!  Spent countless hours trying to figure this out and with your one post had me fixed in zero seconds flat.  THANK YOU!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Charles620​  I absolutely can't believe it!!!!   I have been wracking my brain -asking every iphone nerd -basically deleting all my setting to restart again just to get my email back on my phone -i jumped onto a discussion group that not only did not help but opened me up to a host of spam email only to finally come across your simple instruction of going to Comcast email page, settings, security and checking the box to allow 3rd party email client access and voila!!!!!   I have my email back again after months of ripping my hair out trying to solve the problem.  Thank You Thank You Thank You Charles620!!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here