U

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 9:35 PM

Xfinity's FREE phone scam!

This bunch is absolutely unbelievable. 

After having tons of problems with my Wi-Fi service they told me that they want to send me a free moto G5 phone to make up for it and there would be no strings attached.  I asked seven representatives in every way I possibly could what the catch might be and they all insisted that it was a good will gesture.    

They offered this phone, that I did not pick out myself, I assume that they probably had a bunch of them laying around for promotion, and I finally agreed that if it was completely free I would accept it.  

My bill went from $17.93 to $90 + $45 plus another $290 plus $159 Plus $16 before I could even blink. 

They are nothing but a bunch of liars. 

Just trying to return the [Edited: "Language"] phone that they sent they tried to charge me a restocking fee!  

I wouldn't trust this company to wash my socks.  

Official Employee

• 

749 Messages

3 months ago

user_7krx38 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

3 days ago

I have been scammed by xfinity promising a 10 dollar internet if i sighn up for free phone. the phone was not free and my bill went to $60. I spent 5 hours on phone and chat. They just keep transferring me. This company needt to be investigated by the goverment and shut down.

2 Messages

I do not understand why they feel the need to fashion their sales techniques after Mr. Hainey, the Snake Oil Salesman of the 1960's TV Show, Green Acres.  Yet they continue to bait and switch and even come right out and LIE!  I assume that they think we are all too stupid to know when we've been scammed.    

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_c2shxb, This is not the experience we want for our customers. We want to do everything we can to help you. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "to" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here