U

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 5:14 PM

Closed

Xfinity won’t unlock phone!!!

I’ve been waiting three days for my parent’s phones to be unlocked!!!  This is outrageous!!!! Our case # is [Edited: "Personal Information"] and they keep telling us 2 hours it will be unlocked. It’s been 3 days!!! No one will help us. The attitude is ‘get in line’. That’s is unacceptable!! Both phones are paid off and we pay our bill timely. We simply switched to another carrier, but Xfinity won’t unlock the phones so we can have service with the new carrier. It’s been a nightmare!!! Please help!! 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

Hello @user_xx3kru Thank you for sharing the experience you are having with unlocking the devices from our network. I'm sorry that you have not been helped, and that two devices are still locked. I know it's vital to have these lines, and we will do everything we can to help out. Our team is currently limited on accessing mobile accounts, however I can connect you with a team that cane help. Please send us a direct message with your name, service address and the phone numbers that need to be unlocked. We will make sure we have the team help out asap. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

I just did that. Please help. I’ve been se ding this information so many times and then nothing happens. I just can’t understand how no one there has the ability to unlock a phone that clearly meets all of the requirements to be unlocked!! No one is helping me! 

4 Messages

10 months ago

Also, why is your team limited on accessing Mobile Accounts, when I am in ‘Xfinity Mobile’ support chat. This is exactly what keeps happening- I get bumped from person to person to chat to direct message, yet nothing is done. It’s such an urgent situation for my parents. I’m so upset.

1 Message

5 months ago

I am having the same problem and the phone is already ported to a new carrier. I keep getting the same messaging from agents about it being unlocked on their end and after talking to four agents had the issue escalated but then was told to wait longer. Paid it off nearly a week ago. The 24-48 hours is a lie on their website. They should honestly be sued for false advertisement. You can't say devices will be unlocked 24-48 hours after being paid off and then not unlock it for days or weeks. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here