MLaw7's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, October 12th, 2023 8:40 PM

Closed

Xfinity trade in nightmare begins

I upgraded my iPhone 14 Pro to a 15 pro max.  Decided to try xfinity trade in for $830.  They received my phone 9/29, proven by my tracking number.  Used their prepaid label and everything.  Today is the deadline day for turn in and they haven’t even acknowledged that I shipped it to them.  Called 5 times now to get someone to look into it, almost every call is someone who doesn’t even understand the English I’m speaking to them.  Complete nightmare they make and aren’t at all responsible.  They just hang up on me or tell me to wait longer. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Still no credit and xfinity support promised me a solution by 10/23.  Fingers crossed.  No where else would I let someone take an $830 item without immediate payment, this feels like robbery honestly.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @MLaw7, appreciate you getting us in the loop to help! We wanted to circle back and make sure that everything is in motion. Thank you so much for all of your patience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Nothing is in motion.  I never got a response by my "resolution date".  I am wondering if I need to file a police report, better business bureau claim, or other small court claim?  I delivered an $830 phone, then I get ghosted.  Unacceptable.  In person we call this a robbery.  Since it was done by xfinity, we are just told to wait another month after waiting a month?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved, @MLaw7. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name, full address, and the mobile number impacted, so we may further assist you? Thank you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Sadly, I am in the SAME boat. Xfinity Mobile customer service is the worst. I have spent over 25 hours trying to get my credit (I am not joking)

I was LIED to, called backs promised by a supervisor and it never happened and still nothing.   I was promised a solution by 10/18 and still no solution.

It shouldn't be this hard to get what was promised by a huge company like Xfinity. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

I have also spent over 25 hours trying to get a human to do something.  I have the same experience, every new representative promises a callback, and even gives me a ticket number that I can't even check the status of.  No one ever contacted me.  I honestly wish I would have just sold the phone to someone on craigslist like I normally would.  I never would have thought that meeting a complete stranger would be less risky than a trade-in to Xfinity Mobile.

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Hey there, @Supernet9! I am very sorry to hear about the experience with our Xfinity Mobile team, and getting everything resolved with the return label. We would be happy to dig into this with you, please send us a DM. 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

1 year ago

I'm in same situation since August and my trade in device was delivered but I never got any confirmation email from Assurant. 10/23 My trade-in credit was cancelled all of sudden. Xfinity agent told me there was nothing they can do for me.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_sx9ji8

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.
I see you have worked with those agents, but have you tried both calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Also in the same position. I'm a former Comcast / Xfinity employee (5 years, former VP of Product) and am terribly disappointed. I have been an XM customer for many years and upgraded my iPhone 13 Pro for the new iPhone 15 Pro in September for the "up to $830 bill credit for 24 month promotion for new and existing customers with trade on qualified devices." I sent my phone into Assurant (tracking confirmed) but then radio silence. I know it was received when I look up the tracking information. I have inquired several times and the first tier of folks say "it's in process and should show up on your next bill." The next bill comes and goes with no bill credit.

Today, I chatted with an agent who is now telling me that I needed to activate a new line of service, not use my existing number, within 60 days. This is absolutely new information. Can an Xfinity employee monitoring this thread confirm if this is true? If so, what is the process to get my phone back from Assurant? While I may not be eligible for up to $830 in bill credits, the phone still has value as I can resell elsewhere. 

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Good Morning,@rsidhu881​! I am very sorry to hear about the experience with your trade-in on the device with 24-month credit. We would be happy to dive into the details and submit a ticket for our Xfinity Mobile experts to investigate the case fully. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here