U

Monday, September 16th, 2024 3:40 PM

Xfinity Support wifi calling Not available on Galaxy S20 BYOD

Hello,

I have been working on this problem for a few days now, with no luck yet.  I started by visiting a local Xfinity location.  I have called CS and even been told I need to speak to Samsung directly.  Nothing has worked yet.

I June 0f 2023, I joined Xfininty Mobile with my 2 Galaxsy S20 phones that I had with VZW.  Since being on with XM, neither phone has the capability of WiFi Calling as an option.  The toggle is not on the device.  

I have a trouble ticket # CR161004028 that was started on 9/11/24.  So far, nothing has taken care of my situation.

I see via google searches that others have had this issue.  I just have not found a solution.  If I install a VZW sim card back into the phone, the WiFi calling option re-appears.

How can Xfinity rectify this problem?  I appreciate any help you can be.  It is extremely frustrating.

1 Message

11 days ago

my wife is also having this issue. Works fine on my phone, doesn't work on the s20 FE

Official Employee

• 

749 Messages

user_8f43xj Hello, are you still having issues with your s20?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 days ago

user_4a4e95 I would be happy to put in a ticket as to why the WiFi calling isn't working on for some reason on your Galaxy S20. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ Eric, I can certainly do that.  I appreciate the offer.

As I mentioned in my post, a ticket was started on this issue already.

CR161004028

Can you see if it is still active?  Let me stress once...this isn't a case in which wifi calling doesn't work.  It's the fact that our phones do not have that option in them to turn on or off.

Thanks, Eric.  Let me know if I have to start again.  I am the account holder and the service address is on the account.

Dave

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for the ticket number. I am happy to take a look at this for you.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I sent a direct message as requested

4 Messages

Hello,

I sent a direct message as I was asked to.  So far, there has been no help at all.  Just 1 rambling rep saying something about the Xfinity App.  Then, a rep sending instructions on how to turn on WiFi calling.  Obviously, didn't read the issue.

I am frustrated more in the fact that no one with Xfinity has taken this issue to see it fixed.  

Xfinity, should I take my 26 years o business with Comcast somewhere else?  Is this the best you've got?  Why will no one read the trouble ticket I posted or the beginning of this thread and provide a solution?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here