U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 9:12 AM

Xfinity straight up lies. (Post deleted once)

From the beginning when I signed up for Xfinity mobile, I was told they would give me a free phone.  Specifically, they said "a free phone on us" also a $100 visa pre-paid card (I never got btw) and a $20 monthly credit on my internet (which I also never got).  At no point did the agent say there would be device payments.  After signing up they started charging me device payments and after a FCC fraud complaint they finally started crediting my device payments.

Now Xfinity is raising their mobile plans by $5 a month and I decided that's enough, and I asked if there were any cancellation fees if I cancelled and I was told that there wasn't, so I cancelled because of the price hike and I qualify for the lifeline program which gives me free mobile service with 4.5gb a month (3.5gb better than Xfinity)

Jump forward to today and I just got off the phone with an Xfinity manager regarding my fraud case I opened with the FCC about the remining device payments they now say I owe because I cancelled my account.  Apparently a few things:

1. Device payments don't count as fees or extra money for cancelling.

2. I was told directly that when dealing with Xfinity you need to read the agreements and to never listen to what an agent offers you.  If they say the             phone is free and on us you actually need to read the agreement.

3. Xfinity does and will lie and I whole heartily believe they are trained to lie to get the sale fully knowing most people aren't going to read the 12 page      agreements.

Now for something funny Ish, the manager used this analogy:  You wouldn't get a lease on a car then cancel then lease and not expect to pay the fees.  How insane is it he thinks being told a lie by a sales agent about getting a free phone is the same as getting a lease where from the very start you know what your monthly payments are.  The true anology would be going to the car dealership and getting a lease where they tell you the car is free if you just sign up for some subscription and later getting a monthly bill.  

So to sum this up, always read the agreements especially from Xfinity because the sales agent you talked to absolutely lied to you about something.  

Here's my jyst, if a sales agent tells me a phone is free and I buy the subscription with the free phone I expect the phone to be free.  I accept 24 device payments with 24 credits is same as free except now they want me to pay the remining 7 payments which now makes it not free.  It doesn't matter what the agreement says when the agent says its free and then its not that is fraud

Fraud, definition:
wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

4 Messages

1 month ago

I agree with you. Xfinity likes to play this type of fishy game. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here