U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 10th, 2023 9:50 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Trade In [Edited]

On July 24th, 2023, I ordered an iPhone 14 Pro Max and took advantage of the $600 trade in for my iPhone 8 Plus.  I inspected the phone before shipping it off to trade in.  I received an email this morning from Xfinity Mobile stating, "Unfortunately, your trade-in phone doesn't meet our acceptance criteria for the following reason: Physical Damage” The email stated that I was NOT getting the $600 credit towards my new purchase because of physical damage.  When I sent the phone in, I looked it over and there was no damage to the phone at all.  This phone spent its life in an Otterbox Phone case so there was no damage to this phone whatsoever.  Today, FedEx delivered the phone to my front door, and I inspected the phone and saw a small chip in the upper right-hand corner of the phone (see photo) that was not there before I mailed it out to Assurant.

I called Xfinity Mobile to complain and I was told I had to contact Assurant because they reported the phone had physical damage to it.  I’m a Xfinity customer, but I'm not Assurant's customer, so Assurant has no interest in helping a non-customer.  I spent one hour and forty-five minutes on the phone with Xfinity Mobile with 6 people whose first language is not English, and no one could help me resolve the issue.  I spoke with 6 people and every time I was transferred to someone else, I got angrier.  There was no one who was able to satisfy my needs as a Xfinity customer.

There are 2 questions asked when trading a phone in on Xfinity Mobile's website:

1. Does your phone power on? Your phone must be able to power on to qualify.
  2. Is your phone free of damage?  The screen should be free of cracks. Phones with physical damage including missing buttons, damaged charging ports, or liquid damage are ineligible for a trade-in offer.

I stand by my statement that my iPhone 8 Plus was free from damage, and I accuse Assurant of damaging the phone to save Xfinity the $600 in trade in credit for their customer.  I ordered a second iPhone 14 Pro Max a couple days later and traded in another iPhone 8 Plus and I saw on the website, in my account, that phone was rejected as well.

So, here's the scam Xfinity Mobile is in cahoots with Assurant, a third-party partner.  Xfinity offers trade values on their phones to ensure their Xfinity Mobile service customers will buy phones from Xfinity Mobile and nowhere else.  Xfinity Mobile offers a little more on the trade in to entice customers like me.  They ask a couple questions about the phone and give you a value.  You see how low your payment is and you order your new phone.  You send in your trade into Assurant, not Xfinity Mobile, because they can say they "partner" with Assurant to help evaluate trade in phones.  Assurant receives my phone, puts a chip in the corner of my phone, and they notify Xfinity Mobile that they just saved them from giving a Xfinity Customer a $600 credit, in my case $600 credit for 2 trades in phones for 2 new iPhone 14 Prop Max.  Assurant must make some sort of commission for every phone they break and make ineligible for trade in.

Once I receive my second trade in back in the mail, I'm returning my 2 iPhone 14 Pro Max phones back to Xfinity Mobile and then I'm cancelling my Xfinity Mobile account and my Xfinity account that I have had for almost 20 years.  I promise I will do this unless Xfinity Mobile resolves the issue immediately and gives me the credit they agreed to give me when I bought my phones.  If they do not choose to do the right thing, I will contact the Attorney General's Office of the State of Connecticut and issue a formal complaint against Xfinity Mobile and their scheme to defraud their customers through a third-party accomplice.

I hope this gets resolved in a timely manner.  The photos of the chip that Assurant added to my iPhone 8 Plus trade in is below.

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same experience!

On July 23, 2023, I ordered an iPhone 14 and took advantage of the $600 trade in for my iPhone x.  I inspected the phone before shipping it off to trade in.  I received an email this morning from Xfinity Mobile stating, "Unfortunately, your trade-in phone doesn't meet our acceptance criteria for the following reason: Physical Damage” The email stated that I was NOT getting the $600 credit towards my new purchase because of physical damage.  When I sent the phone in, I looked it over and there was no damage to the phone at all.  This phone was no damage to this phone whatsoever.  

I called Xfinity Mobile to complain and I was told I had to contact Assurant because they reported the phone had physical damage to it.  I’m a Xfinity customer, but I'm not Assurant's customer, so Assurant has no interest in helping a non-customer.  I spent one hour and forty-five minutes on the phone with Xfinity Mobile with 6 people whose first language is not English, and no one could help me resolve the issue.  I spoke with 6 people and every time I was transferred to someone else, I got angrier.  There was no one who was able to satisfy my needs as a Xfinity customer.

There are 2 questions asked when trading a phone in on Xfinity Mobile's website:

1. Does your phone power on? Your phone must be able to power on to qualify.
  2. Is your phone free of damage?  The screen should be free of cracks. Phones with physical damage including missing buttons, damaged charging ports, or liquid damage are ineligible for a trade-in offer.

I stand by my statement that my iPhone x was free from damage, and I accuse Assurant of damaging the phone to save Xfinity the $600 in trade in credit for their customer. 

So, here's the scam Xfinity Mobile is in cahoots with Assurant, a third-party partner.  Xfinity offers trade values on their phones to ensure their Xfinity Mobile service customers will buy phones from Xfinity Mobile and nowhere else.  Xfinity Mobile offers a little more on the trade in to entice customers like me.  They ask a couple questions about the phone and give you a value.  You see how low your payment is and you order your new phone.  You send in your trade into Assurant, not Xfinity Mobile, because they can say they "partner" with Assurant to help evaluate trade in phones.  

I damand Xfinity mobile stop the scam of trade in and send me my trade in value as promised.

(edited)

2 Messages

[Edited: Language] xfinity. Tried to scam me as well. Store evaluates phone and makes promises but then you get an email from corporate saying you’ll get trade in IF they decide to accept it. 

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’m currently in the same nightmare!! Did you get it resolved?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @user_71ae7f!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your day to reach out to us, and we want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

I’ve called multiple times too many times to count and visited the store over 10 times. I’ve spent at least 50 hours and 2 months on this and filed an escalated claim that has made no progress in 25 days. It’s exhausting! I’m just trying to be a loyal customer and yet still receive the promotion I was promised. I’ve received zero sympathy and every time I call it’s like starting over. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_71ae7f I can see how spending that amount of time to resolve an issue would be frustrating to say the least. I would be happy to have this looked into further, and get you in the right direction for a resolution. This is not the experience we want you to have with your Xfinity services. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, your Xfinity Mobile phone numbers, and any other important details I need to be aware of? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 year ago

I am currently in the same situation. Bought IP 15 pro max and trade in IP 12 pro max. Don't know why Xfinity said the LCD of IP 12 pro max is damaged. It is totally in perfect condition. And I am trying to ask Xfinity about my IP 12 pro max tracking number, no one can answer it. I am not sure where is my IP 12 pro max now!!! Called service team and text them several times, they just gave me the tracking number of IP 15 pro max. Nightmare! Just trying to get back my IP 12 pro max, and return IP 15 pro max, then transfer to other service carrier. Terrible trade-in experience. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_86zvxm Thanks for reaching out. Have you checked the status or location of your trade-in by accessing the Assurant’s trade-in status portal? You should be able to refer to your confirmation email from Assurant for a link to the portal.

7 Messages

This doesn’t help at all.

7 Messages

The "help" in these forums is absolutely useless.  All they do is direct you to the chat or phone where Xfinity agents whose first language is quite obviously not English who tell you what they think you want to hear.  I've been told three times that my trade in was accepted and I'd be getting the credit... agents even went so far as to tell me they'd "put it in my notes" so whoever looked it up would see that I'm supposed to get the credit.  Was it in my notes?  Nope.  Nothing.  They simply, quite frankly, lie.  Assurant is damaging these phones... I sent in a perfectly pristine Iphone 12 pro max.. not a scratch... nothing whatsoever wrong with it.  It got rejected for "physical damage."  Got it back today... there is a small scratch from the middle of the screen to the corner... not a cracked screen, just a scratch.  It most assuredly wasn't there when the phone was sent in.  The lady at the Xfinity store looked it over and said it was in perfect condition.  The whole thing is a scam... Xfinity tells you what you want to hear just to get you off the phone.... they Assurant damages phones to keep from having to pay the trade in... then Xfinity says you need to contact Assurant.... and Assurant simply won't talk to you.  It HAS to be a class action lawsuit simply waiting to be filed.  I just wished Xfinity would actually honor their word... or at the very least put you in contact with someone that actually gives a rip, rather than simply saying "click the chat icon blah blah blah".  It's extremely frustrating to say the least. 

(edited)

1 Message

11 months ago

I also had a pristine, Apple certified good condition with no damage iPhone XR returned for non-existent “LCD damage” in a $600 trade in deal. Xfinity deferred to Assuarant although they took my money. Good luck with Assuarant. This has got to be illegal. A class action lawsuit should be initiated promptly as this fraud is a common occurrence. 11/01/23

1 Message

11 months ago

I decided to do some researching before possibly switching my phone service to xfinity and glad I found this. If I do decide to proceed with xfinity, I will be photographing and recording each and every step of myself packaging my current phone to ship to them, and won’t take the camera off the phone or box until the moment it is out of my hands to be shipped. This is disgusting and horrible. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @Rasciutto, thank you for sharing your interest in adding our Xfinity Mobile service. I'd love a chance to help you get started or answer any questions you may have. When were you looking to possible start service?

1 Message

10 months ago

I wish I saw this before I decided to trade in with Xfinity Mobile.  I have trusted Xfinity mobile because I have used xfinity for many of my services for over 20 years, including many years of xfinity mobile service.  i sent in my iphone XR in perfect condition in September for Iphone 15 trade in.  I kept calling in the past 2+ months to track my phone trade in but never got an answer.  i never received a confirmation that xfinity has received my trade in.  I got zero communications regarding this trade in from xfinity or Assurant. i called many times since the end of September. suddenly i got an email from xfinity today to tell me that my promotion offer is cancelled and if i feel this is a mistake, I should call.  so i did call.  i guess this was when I realized what a nightmare this is.  xfinity tried to help but disconnected me an nobody called me back.  when I called back, so the explanation started again with another agent.  but I think this agent there was nothing they could help with.   i hope my phone is not going to come back to me chipped, like the customer in the earlier thread.   

1 Message

I am experiencing the same nightmare with xfinity.  Very disappointing and extremely frustrated.  My situation has been ongoing since July.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_b4sf2e. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your mobile concerns. You have reached the right place and we are happy to assist you today. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Oh, no @user_klsq4a! Thanks for contacting XFINITY over forums to let us know about this unfavorable expereince. I am sorry to learn that we have made you feel this way. We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your day to reach out to us, and we want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Only one credit payment after 6 months. I basically consider my Iphone now stolen and that this is a corrupt, scam deal that deserves highlighting as such as a warning to others. I plan to write to consumers' report. I may file a police report on the old phone. My Iphone 8 was in mint condition, tracked and received by Assurant for a trade that occurred in June 2023. Called Xfinity and tried to contact assurant scores of times via in store, chat and phone. I had one credit payment on Dec 4, after calling Xfinity, then missed the next month. Not sorted. Xfinity keeps saying it is sorted, credit will be applied but it doesn't show up and a bill is due. Xifinity, then point to assurant. Assurant don't have a record of my phone, even thought I tracked it there, and on one occasion provided tracking details to Xfinity rep which they tracked and accepted. After this experience I traded another phone with apple, get a credit in a lower amount but at least I got it and wasn't tied to Xfinity. I am now looking for alternate service providers.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_9989b6! I apologize to hear that you have had such a poor experience. Have you tried reaching out to the shipping company and filing a damage claim with them? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here