U

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 7:45 PM

Xfinity Mobile scam

I was in a local store and the rep asked me if I wanted to decrease my monthly cable/internet bill.  He offered Xfinity mobile and said there would be no monthly charges, I would only  have to pay the taxes on the phone.  I told him I would not use the phone he said that was fine.  I got the phone paid the taxes and left the store (Coconut Creek, Florida store on Lyons Ave).  I am a snowbird so I came home to NY and I started receiving monthly bills for the phone.  Not only was I charged a monthly fee, an activation fee, but now I am being charged for the phone.  I called the "no help line" 6 yes 6 times and was told they would send me a label via email to return the phone and that they would reimburse the charges.  When I did not get the label, I called again, asked to speak with a supervisor.  Rose assured me the label would be sent that they had the wrong email address.  Again I called after not receiving the label.  Assured again I would.  I guess I am naive but I believed them.  No label, called again same line wrong email address, placed on hold for 25 minutes each time I called I was on the phone for at least 1 hour. No results and then I was disconnected!!!  I asked again for a supervisor or on shore rep no reply.  After the 6th call, I called xfinity cable to cancel my accounts and she said "nothing I can do about mobile services".  I explained I want to cancel everything now because this company is so bad with customer service and she said that my phone bill would then increase! What kind of company is Xfinity???-A store rep lies, the phone rep lies and the one person that I could speak with could do nothing?  What a sham when you read the customer satisfaction information.

Run, run away from this company.  Do not use them for internet, cable or mobile services.  I am in the healthcare field and never have I seen such nonsense and runaround.  Is this how you treat customers? Shame on you !

Anne Dreyer

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

21 days ago

@user_fkv5ww

Thanks for reaching out to us this is not the experience we want our customers to have I'll be happy to assist you in getting this resolved for you please go ahead and send me a direct message

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary.

Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here