U

Thursday, January 4th, 2024 12:24 AM

XFinity Mobile “Lost” My Trade-In

I recently traded in an Iphone 12 Pro for a $700 credit towards a new iPhone 15. I had heard that Xfinity Mobile coverage in my area was pretty good, so I opted to test it out. Well, I should’ve known the trade in was too good to be true because my trade in has been “lost.” USPS says it was delivered to a person two days after I shipped it. I chatted online, the agents there did not even answer my question of where the phone is or the status of my trade in. I called Xfinity Mobile and the guy I talked to said he saw it was delivered, but also saw there has been zero activity after the delivery… he started a case with xfinity, but that can take up to 20 days, and the deadline is Friday for them to “receive” my trade in. USPS, a government agency, said it was received! So where is the phone? Who knows. I had read that the Assurant agency was sketchy, so I even took pictures of the device before it was shipped, moisture and screens, etc. I thought I had covered EVERY base with this trade-in, but here I am and it is “lost.” The coverage and cell service does work well, but this trade-in stuff is awful. I did the “ship your old phone away” with AT&T and it was so simple. I will not stop until this is figured out or some type of action is filed against this scam. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums @user1118! This is not the experience we want you to have! We appreciate you for already reaching out to our mobile partners. We regret to hear, the device’s status is unknown. I completely understand how important it is to make sure the original credit offer of $700.00 is honored. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

I am having the exact same issue and after a few google searches, it looks like this is very common. I sent my device on December 27th and online it shows it still hasn't been received. When I chat/call xfinity mobile, they say they have my device but there's a 3 month delay on it being updated on the website/on my bill... This is ridiculous. Constant problems with Xfinity since I signed up a month ago. I have to call about something every week and really wish I wasn't locked into a contract. I asked the last rep I talked to to send me some kind of confirmation that they have my device so it doesn't end up lost since I have no proof on my end they have it, but they refused then put me on endless hold when I asked to speak to a supervisor. It's very obvious there's an issue with shipping trade ins combined with them using separate billing systems for internet and mobile.. Just seems like a total mess. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good afternoon @signgain, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your mobile issues. I see that you stated it's still showing online that your device has not been received and understand your concerns. I'm also sorry to hear that despite your calls and chats you have struggled to receive an update. While our team on this platform does have limited access to mobile tools and accounts, what we can do for you is get a ticket submitted over to our executive mobile team for further investigation. To get started on this process, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 days ago

I am having a same issue and I can't get any help from Xfinity support.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here