U

Thursday, September 12th, 2024 7:05 PM

Xfinity Mobile is saying that the “free phone” I got my friend will now cost 29$/m and CANNOT be returned + my 10$/m Watch will be 22$/m

First of all, I am disabled veteran—both physically and mentally. My blood pressure and heart rate have sent me to the hospital on many occasions, and our best guess is that it is due to toxic levels of stress.

Second, I am a “Diamond” member (because of my veteran’s status)

I joined Xfinity Mobile a few months ago after a few years of using Xfinity internet in my home

XM generously offered to allow me to upgrade from my iPhone 12 to an iPhone 15 with a 600$ trade-in value with a 2 year commitment, so 25$/m 

XM generously offered to discount an Apple Watch Series 9 by 300$ with a 2 year commitment, based on my “Diamond” status, so 10$/m

XM generously offered me a free Google Pixel 8 for a friend with 1 yr of free unlimited data with agreement to pay for the 2nd yr of a commitment

All of this is well documented in what is now dozens of text chats and phone calls with customer service

Now every month I need to call XM in order to get the agreed to discounts on the iPhone 15, Apple Watch 9, + Google Pixel 8

This seems absurd and unacceptable

Yesterday when I called for the 4th(?) bill in a row XM appeared to “investigate” the discounts associated with my account + said they were ending 

They said they had reviewed all of the pertinent info + were reversing the agreements that were based on previous, documented investigations by customer service

I called back and spoke with someone else who told me why I would no longer get discounts as if I hadn’t communicated dozens of times with XM on the subject. They were very kind and understanding + told me they were “escalating” the issue + promised to call me back after I had waited a very long time on the phone. When they called back they said they had not gotten a response but that their shift lasted another 4hrs + they would call me back again before their shift ended. I never got another call from them.

I *LITERALLY* CAN’T LIVE LIKE THIS. My heart cannot survive the level of stress associated with monthly calls to XM that apparently can be reversed at any future time on the whims of a different customer service agent, dramatically increasing my XM bill for the remainder of the 2yr commitment, which I simply DON’T have enough income to afford.

My heart rate was recently 150bpm. Thankfully yesterday it was only ~120bpm. But I can’t say with confidence that my body will survive much more increased stress.

The only “solution” I can think of is to end my relationship with XM. They will not let me return any of the devices. They will immediately bill me for the iPhone, Watch, and Pixel 8. I do not have that money.

I don’t know if I will end up on a medical ward and/or a psychiatric ward, partly due to all of this stress. Or perhaps worse. 

In my mind the “best case scenario” is that XM customer service might “resolve” all of this, and then, as I have *every* month since joining them, when I get a new bill this will start all over again. It is a living nightmare

Official Employee

• 

879 Messages

14 days ago

user_iufp74 I appreciate you taking the time to post on our Community Forums. I apologize for the confusion and stress that this experience has been bringing you. Since our team is limited with our access to Xfinity Mobile accounts, what we can do is escalate the issue to the XM Escalations team to help get a resolution for you. When you have a moment, please send our team a direct message with your full name and address.

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here