U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 8:40 PM

Xfiinity Mobiel issue

I went to the Xfinity store to get an iPhone 16 for my wife. However, when I got it, I noticed a new line on my account. I told the sales representative that I wanted to upgrade the existing line, but he said I would get a $200 discount. I already had a $200 coupon, so he said I just needed to pay a $25 activation fee. He explained that this way we could disconnect the line later and I would receive a $400 discount instead of $200. I thanked him, and he transferred the iPhone to the existing line.

Later, I noticed additional charges on my bill. The representative said he would open a ticket for me, which would be resolved in two hours, but that never happened. I waited a day, and the next day I went to the chat section to talk with customer service. They said they didn't offer that kind of deal. I was surprised and asked to deactivate the line. The agent agreed, but I insisted that I wouldn’t pay the activation fee. He said he would credit it for me.

Then I saw a $20 charge for a 1GB plan that the sales rep had issued with the line. I told him I wouldn’t pay for it, and he insisted I had selected it. I explained that I never asked the sales rep for a new line; I only wanted to upgrade the existing line. Eventually, he credited me $45.

However, my monthly bill showed that I couldn’t see my $200 coupon. When I contacted customer service again through chat, they told me that because I deactivated the line, the coupon was linked to that line. They gave me a number to call for assistance. I wasted almost two hours on this, and I said I wouldn’t do it; this was not my doing but rather a mistake made by your employee. The agent said he would escalate the issue and kept me on hold for an hour before transferring me to another agent, which also took an hour. Now, I am waiting for the agent to reply...

This is not a customer service, 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

14 hours ago

Hello, @user_2wtcwi. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, that's never the experience we like for any of our customers to have. We can definitely help with your Xfinity Mobile billing concerns. Please send a DM with your full name and the full service address to assist further.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here