U

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 8:22 PM

worst traps xfinity

I want to share my recent and extremely disappointing experience with Xfinity. It all started when I called to set up a wifi modem for my house. During the call, the representative Carla offered me a supposedly free Google phone. From the beginning, I suspected there might be a catch, so I told her I wasn't interested. However, Carla insisted, repeatedly assuring me that the phone would be completely free.

With some hesitation, I accepted the offer. A few days later, I received the phone. However, when I called to confirm the details, I was met with an unpleasant surprise: I was informed that I would have to pay $30 a month for 24 months without even activating it. And if I wanted to activate it, the cost would rise to $50 a month. Unbelievable!

To make matters worse, Xfinity's return policy only allows 14 days to return the device, but it took me 10 days to receive it. This leaves customers with practically no time to decide whether they want to keep the phone or not.

This experience has been a classic example of deceptive advertising and lack of commitment to the customer. I feel trapped in a contract I don't want and extremely frustrated by the lack of transparency and poor customer service from Xfinity. I don't want this phone, I don't want to activate it, and I am deeply disappointed and angry with Xfinity for their lack of ethics and consideration towards their customers.

Conclusion: Avoid falling into Xfinity's traps. Their deceptive advertising and questionable practices make them a company that is difficult to deal with. I cannot recommend their services after this experience

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_ytpj9a. That is definitely not the experience we would like you to have, and I will be happy to look further into that from here. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

3 months ago

Deceptive Charges and Poor Customer Service from Xfinity

I am extremely frustrated with Xfinity's deceptive practices and poor customer service. Initially, I was told that I would be charged $30 a month for four months just for the phone, without any phone plan. However, when I checked my statements, I found out that I have been charged $50 for two months and now $70 this month. I haven't even activated or opened the phone from the box.

I was given a solution to return the phone since the "free phone" promotion was no longer active when the phone arrived. They promised to send me a return label, stating it would arrive this week. However, when I checked my account, I noticed I had not received the label. On top of this, I discovered that they have been charging me $50, and this month it will be $70, for something I neither asked for nor requested.

Xfinity misled me by promising a free phone with my wifi service, and now I am stuck with these outrageous charges for a phone I did not want. This is extremely disappointing and feels like a clear case of deceptive advertising. I do not recommend Xfinity to anyone due to their misleading offers and lack of commitment to customer satisfaction.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ytpj9a - We're still more than happy to look into further for you! Could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here