U

Monday, July 15th, 2024 8:41 PM

What information can my spouse access without actually accessing my phone?

My spouse has recently changed our account to only include their name. Effectively cutting off access to billing and other information. I have not lost my phone or the plan it was on, but only they can access the online billing. My question is what exact information can they get from that? Can they read my texts? Can they learn my location? I assume they can see call records and likely who and when I texted someone. I'm concerned for safety as we are separated and don't want them to know where I am or what I'm discussing with people. 

Problem Solver

• 

514 Messages

3 months ago

@user_dy6s3q They can see the records of numbers called and texts. But not the message contents. Location only if that phone is tied to a Find My service if lost/stolen that you don't have access to. You could port the number out to a new account in your name. Might need your spouses approval since you cannot access the account. Or get new service and a new number.

4 Messages

I think find my phone service only works on your own network and maybe on any Xfinity wifi network. I just looked at it to see what it could do and it said I could use my remote to activate the beacon if it's on the home network but no where did it say I could locate it on the top of a mountain or in downtown Chicago or where ever, which is sort of useless.

4 Messages

3 months ago

Get rid of the phone's sim card or get another phone asap. You can order a sim card from TextNow and get service for free with their app. It's just like having a normal service except data but it's free. If you were really worried then that's the move. They can see who you call, when you call, who you text but not what you text or what you say.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon, user_dy6s3q! Thanks for reaching out for assistance and questions with your Xfinity Mobile plan. The billing details will not show any location details but will include the number called or texted from and to on the line and the data usage for the line but not the specifics of where the data was used. If you are needing to move the line to your own account so they no longer have access to those details you can fill out a Safe Connection Act line separation request

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here