U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 6:28 PM

Voicemail problems

I have recently spent several hours on the phone with your support personnel trying to fix Visual Voicemail problems.  Specifically, when I press the icon, I get a screen saying "Authorization in Progress" with a circle going round and round, or a screen saying "Authentication Error".  This problem started a couple weeks shortly after a software update.

Originally, I got the error on our Samsung Galaxy S21FEs.  The support people were surprised that our account info actually listed S9 phones instead.  They were unable to change the account info to reflect the S21FEs.  They were also unsuccessful in making the Visual Voicemail work.

I decided that I would upgrade our phones to S24FEs.  However, the same problem persists.  Your agent suggested we call Samsung to see if they had any ideas.  They did not.  They said Voicemail was a carrier feature.

Perhaps the S21FEs were never supported by Xfinity.  However, the S24FEs must be, since I had a sales representative offer to sell them to us (we eventually went with Samsung because of price). 

In any event, I suspect that this is an Xfinity issue, not a Samsung issue, and I further suspect that your software testing suites do not include the FE versions of Samsung's products.  If not, they should -- the FEs are very attractive to people in my demographic -- namely old people.  The FEs are slightly larger (nice for aging eyes), and slightly cheaper (nice for aching billfolds).

This problem is rapidly driving me to another carrier.

Your support people have been very helpful, patient, and courteous, but this problem seems to be beyond their abilities to fix, and this needs to be escalated to your software team.  Please let me know what you find, hopefully before I bail.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here